Minnesota Fishing and Minnesota Resorts Forum Index  
Minnesota Fishing and Minnesota Resorts
Fishing Reports, Tips, Resorts and Classifieds
  |Search |Usergroups  |Register 
Jim will be up with a group Feb 2+3
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Minnesota Fishing and Minnesota Resorts Forum Index -> Upper Red Lake Ice Fishing Reports
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jim Davidson
Angler

PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2006 2:35 pm    Post subject: Jim will be up with a group Feb 2+3 Reply with quote

I have a group setting up an adventure out on Red Lake this February. Renting houses from cookie again this year, as he has never let me down. Will be visiting West Wind also for all the good food and drink. See all you fine folk when I get up there!

Looks like there will be enough to fill two fish houses. Lots of interest shown on this event, just not many actually signing up yet.

I noticed the numbers of people checking this out. If you are out there and care to come out and chat some, I'll be there, wherever cookie places the houses for me and the group. For most of you not really knowing me, I am also called Bluestreak, an old CB nickname. This event is being called Bluestreak's First Annual Red Lake Dash. If I don't fall flat, we should be up every year in February.
Itinerary so far:
Friday- get set up and meet everyone as they arrive and go fishing.
Saturday AM- Breakfast in West Wind and a small meeting to get everyone up to speed on what we are doing. A small contest is possible and a picnic on the ice, if the weather cooperates.
Saturday night- fish and socializing
Sunday- Breakfast and everyone for themselves as for take off time, unless cookie has renters right behind us.

Last edited by Jim Davidson on Fri Dec 29, 2006 12:43 am; edited 1 time in total
Jim Davidson
Angler

PostPosted: Wed Nov 22, 2006 11:03 am    Post subject: Feb 2+3 Reply with quote

It's for sure now that we will be up! I have Cat filled and Alaska was looking good. I am sure cookie is tired of my PM's, but keeping him posted on the group.

Hey cookie, I'm putting my order in for at least 18 inches of ice by then, can you take care of that? More is ok!
JoeBDaddyO

PostPosted: Fri Dec 01, 2006 12:46 pm    Post subject: Anual Trip Reply with quote

Jim, We do a anual trip to Mille Lacs every year, but would like to look at other areas if fishing is good, or better then we have been having. We normally bring a group of 12 or more, rent houses on the lake. Bring portables, with additional equipment, which makes us mobile. If you have any additional information please contact me.

Thanks

Joe B.
Jim Davidson
Angler

PostPosted: Fri Dec 01, 2006 1:56 pm    Post subject: Not the only lake in Minnesota!!! Reply with quote

Mille Lacs is Not the only lake in Minnesota! We have many good fishing lakes and streams. Sent you a PM. Glad to help you experience more of Minnesota.
Jim Davidson
Angler

PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2006 10:34 pm    Post subject: Well it has slowed down some, but... Reply with quote

It has slowed down some, but we will be up on Feb 2+3. We are planning on a picnic on the ice and a small fishing contest between the group members. We will be in for the West Winds breakfast!
PimplySwede
Spinner

PostPosted: Thu Dec 14, 2006 8:25 pm    Post subject: We have a group that weekend too. Reply with quote

Hi Jim,

I was interested to see your post. We've got 12 going up that weekend as well, staying in 3 of Cookie's shacks. Uh, Cookie, you DO have 6 shacks? Right? Otherwise we'll REALLY be getting to know one another Shocked .

We stayed with Cookie last year in Florida and Ol Minnesota, and what a blast!!! Us young bucks stayed up all night and actually caught some crappies (the elders slept through the bite.) If anyone can talk me through attaching a picture to this message, I can show you the northern my sister brought in on very light tackle.

Your cookout and fishing contest sounds fun. We're planning on bringing a big pot of bear stew this year. We'll have to stay in touch and see if we can't work together to find the "load."

David
cookie
Master Angler

PostPosted: Thu Dec 14, 2006 10:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Your all set Pimplswede. Jim will be using catafornia and possibley alaska. Yes I remember visiting with your family a couple of times while you were sleeping the day a way.And them womem impressed me with all there fishing tackle and they were so organized.Scott could tell you how to post a pic. I still do not know how and need to learn myself. He told me once but I guess it went right over my head?
Jim Davidson
Angler

PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2006 2:00 am    Post subject: Red Lake outing Reply with quote

Hello David, I am hoping to fill in Alaska, but seems the interest is not what I expected from that group. I will certainly entertain the idea of a little cross-team contest maybe between our two groups, but will have to ask the group if they would do this. As for me, I am a social person and will be glad to get some time in discussions with you out there if I have any free time myself. Cookie is a great guy and has always made me glad to know him, so we are in good hands. Maybe we can get set up all in about the same area??? Will send a PM with my cell number to contact me before the event. My cell does not work in the lake area, at least it did not last year. I know my fish house will not starve, as we have one meal of Venison coming up with us and the cook out sounds good, except if the winds and temps are too rough. Bear stew sounds like a winner.
cookie
Master Angler

PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2006 8:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Be forwarned Jim These guys know how to fish.Correct me if I'm wrong but didn't the girls paint there own jigs?Or make there own lures. Did your dad ever find Jay Goule for those jumbo perch. A couple of years ago we did a poker run 1 card for every fish up to five. I thought that went real well.
Jim Davidson
Angler

PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2006 12:23 pm    Post subject: thanks for the heads up! Reply with quote

Thanks for the heads up cookie, but out on the ice it's everyone for themselves and I think we can get something going between the groups. Even just planning on the picnic all together and socializing sounds like a winner to me. Still asking for more of the group to sign up for the second house. Will keep you informed cookie. Can't wait to get the new Marcum Lx5 unit I just purchased out on the ice. I think we can give the other group a run for their money, as we have several knowledgeable fishermen in our group also. You saw that I use a simple method to catch crappie, and it still works to this day. I can use the other methods as well as the next, just prefer to use the old style as long as I can get a couple fish in the bucket. Last time I was there I couldn't keep the Walleye off my hook. At least now I can keep a couple of those also, eat a few and catch some more. You know me, always thinking positive when it comes to fishing. I will bring my portable to do some searching, if the weather permits. With my age showing I have to be more careful these days.
PimplySwede
Spinner

PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2006 7:26 pm    Post subject: Last year. Reply with quote

Yep, I was snoozin when Cookie came out to see how we were doing. A couple burgers, some canned porkchops, and a night of hauling in fish/playing cribbage did me in.

Yeah, my family makes a few of our own lures, and customizes some of the packaged ones. Gotta show those fish something they haven't seen sometimes to trigger a strike.

Jim, can't wait to meet you and trade tales (lies???). I'm sure Cookie got right on my idea of building a giant crappie basket under each of his shacks, so I know we'll all limit out. Laughing

Stay on the top side!!
David
Jim Davidson
Angler

PostPosted: Sun Dec 17, 2006 9:49 pm    Post subject: ok Reply with quote

Ok, David has some houses and I get the left over. We will see whom is the greater fisherman in the two groups. Cookie knows my methods and saw that they work, so I feel comfortable with a little competition.

Last edited by Jim Davidson on Tue Jan 09, 2007 9:34 am; edited 1 time in total
Jim Davidson
Angler

PostPosted: Fri Dec 29, 2006 4:52 am    Post subject: numbers are growing Reply with quote

My numbers are growing. I am at 10 people confirmed being there for the 2+3rd of Feb. I am not able to get out down here in the Twin Cities area yet, so Feb will be my goal in life right now.
Jim Davidson
Angler

PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2007 5:43 am    Post subject: ok new numbers Reply with quote

I have about 16 people saying they will be up on Feb 2nd. Some will have their own units, others will be in portables only. Still no confirmation on Alaska!!!
Jim Davidson
Angler

PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2007 9:38 am    Post subject: Hey did anyone notice this? Reply with quote

Hey, did anyone notice that we are scheduled with a full moon out there on the weekend? That might make it interesting for the fishing. I have about 16 people coming up, but still no solid reservation on Alaska yet. Sorry cookie. Still trying.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Minnesota Fishing and Minnesota Resorts Forum Index -> Upper Red Lake Ice Fishing Reports All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: