Minnesota Fishing and Minnesota Resorts Forum Index  
Minnesota Fishing and Minnesota Resorts
Fishing Reports, Tips, Resorts and Classifieds
  |Search |Usergroups  |Register 
cold weather is just around the corner

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Minnesota Fishing and Minnesota Resorts Forum Index -> Upper Red Lake Ice Fishing Reports
View previous topic :: View next topic  
cookie
Master Angler

PostPosted: Wed Nov 17, 2010 9:01 am    Post subject: cold weather is just around the corner Reply with quote

Yes its true there saying 9 tonight and -1 saturday night. Now if the wind will cooperate that would be icing on the cake/lake.
I'm ready to see the lake freeze up.
If the fall fishing in october is any indecation the fishing should be real good this winter
Magnum Mike
SpinCaster

PostPosted: Thu Nov 18, 2010 8:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Where have you been lately Cookie? How was the hunt? Did Greek or Ole get "The Big One"?
Jonny P
SpinCaster

PostPosted: Thu Nov 18, 2010 1:21 pm    Post subject: Re: cold weather is just around the corner Reply with quote

cookie wrote:

I'm ready to see the lake freeze up.

Better look out the window Cookie Smile

cookie
Master Angler

PostPosted: Fri Nov 19, 2010 8:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Mike the greek did not hunt this year . Now that he is a resident of alaska and got a caribue in the freezer he took the year off. Ole decided to hunt in a different state.
The farmer Gary keeps me pretty busy in the late fall as they try and buttom things up before winter sets in.
The river did glaze over and as you can see by jonny p pic the edge of the lake has some ice.
We are starting to book some houses so thats always good news.
Phil did get a buck .The wind is howling down by the lake so any ice will be piling up somewhere.
Magnum Mike
SpinCaster

PostPosted: Fri Nov 19, 2010 12:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I talked to Greek before he headed for the lower 48 and he was talking about hunting deer but that was before the caribou trip. We was pretty jazzed about that hunt. We talked about an ice trip other than URL where you guys could just relax and fish instead of chasing around making sure customers were OK. We were talking about Rainy or Lake of the Woods. I'll give him a call after the holidays and see if this pans out. If you talk to him, tell him " MC says Hey"
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Minnesota Fishing and Minnesota Resorts Forum Index -> Upper Red Lake Ice Fishing Reports All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: