Minnesota Fishing and Minnesota Resorts Forum Index  
Minnesota Fishing and Minnesota Resorts
Fishing Reports, Tips, Resorts and Classifieds
  |Search |Usergroups  |Register 
Pike Hole!!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Minnesota Fishing and Minnesota Resorts Forum Index -> Cass Lake Fishing Reports
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Col Ron, Guide

PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2006 7:12 pm    Post subject: Pike Hole!! Reply with quote

Mrs. Col and I stopped at the Hole today after catching our morning fish. Kevin and Frank said that they would look up our site and maybe add their two cents worth.

We split a 1/2 pound swiss/ mushroom burger, with waffle fries. It is 7:10pm, we still aren't hungrey!!

Great food, Ice Cold LaBatt!!!
What a day!

Col Ron
The Texan
Master Angler

PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2006 7:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You ain't right....rubbing that in our face Evil or Very Mad

Texan
gene
Master Angler

PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2006 10:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Split it? and still not hungry? Musta kept on with the LaBatt's then, huh? Either that or you were too busy catching them in the afternoon to even think about food.
MuskyMark
Master Angler

PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2006 1:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had to come out of hibernation for this one! Just got back from a week of family vacation in S. Michigan. 7 days on the beach with no worries other than choosing my daily beverage(s) of choice! Ahhhhh. Cool

Okay. I agree that the spirit of this thread is cruel and unusual. Telling us about juicy burgers and cold beers enjoyed while perched over the Turtle River! All while we're down here toiling away at our place of employment!! Not cool!!! Laughing

Actually... it is nice to get an occasional reminder of the finer things in life. Helps me count the days until I get back up there in October!! Wink

Hey Col. Two questions for you. When do you head back south for the fall/winter? And what's the water like in Kitchi? Imagine it might look pretty stained, compared to Cass, with the warm days/low water conditions. Thanks!

Mark
The Texan
Master Angler

PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2006 1:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Geno is right, what the HONK are you doing splitting one Evil or Very Mad Mrs. Colonel on your arse about your weight or what?

Texan
gene
Master Angler

PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2006 2:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Man oh man, Mark, that musta been pure torture to be looking at the beautiful waters of L Mich, and not wetting a line. Wouldn't wish that on my worst enemy. I could NOT do that these days. Reminds me of the FLA vac trips to Daytona when my kids were young and looking out at the Ocean daydreaming about catching a big one......but, alas, had to take one back then for the team. Not anymore - separate vacations you know! Although the look on my son's face at Universal when he was about 4 and 2 of those Ninja Turtles walked up to him was worth all the tea in China. Sure wish I had a snapshot of that, but I still can imitate it like it was yesterday. Days of innocence are gone though.

Texan, methinks you know Mrs. Col's way'o'thinking?? You trying to say Col is on the short leash?
Ballbuster
Spinner

PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2006 3:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My mouth is watering thinking of those burgers, I'll get my fill next year.
Col Ron, Guide

PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2006 9:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeh, we got a burger, 1/2 pound and split it. She is not used to eating hamburgers, really/ I have to watch out for her. Keep her in control.

Mark, I think I am going into Kitchi tomorrow to Muskie fish. I haven't been all the way in there in a long time. I do obviously know that the water in Pug Hole is stained and much more cloudy than Cass. As for coming home, probably at the end of September for Dr. appointments.

Col Ron
ffishman
Master Angler

PostPosted: Fri Aug 25, 2006 5:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Went out to lunch with the wife today at one of our local joints. Happened to notice that they had a swiss mushroom burger on the menu. Just had to try it. It was good, but not the Pike Hole. Man I miss that place.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Minnesota Fishing and Minnesota Resorts Forum Index -> Cass Lake Fishing Reports All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: