Minnesota Fishing and Minnesota Resorts Forum Index  
Minnesota Fishing and Minnesota Resorts
Fishing Reports, Tips, Resorts and Classifieds
  |Search |Usergroups  |Register 
mid-week update

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Minnesota Fishing and Minnesota Resorts Forum Index -> Cass Lake Fishing Reports
View previous topic :: View next topic  
muskiyfins
Spinner

PostPosted: Wed Jul 12, 2006 6:58 pm    Post subject: mid-week update Reply with quote

ok-wife thinks I'm working so this will be brief.

First of all it's hotter than hell here. Texan, this should be just like home for you-truck was parked in the shade and temp measured 95 degrees.

Raised a mid 40 inch fish around 7:45 this morning....twice.
wasn't in the mood I guess.

Here comes wife, more later.......
ffishman
Master Angler

PostPosted: Wed Jul 12, 2006 7:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey mf, nice report. On the weather to day, they said its going to get hotter there. And hotter here. Your right, Texan should feel right at home.
The Texan
Master Angler

PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2006 1:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Texan has escaped the heat by heading to Pebble Beach for a week. Clear skies, light North winds and 65 for a high today....

We are staying here....

www.pebbleatwoodshole.com

Texan
Col Ron, Guide

PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2006 4:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well,,,,I was wondering what the heck happened to you,,no doubt you got your arse kicked by Bucket on the course. He told me he was going to give you a whoopin.

Col Ron
ffishman
Master Angler

PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2006 6:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We are hitting the chain of lakes Tuesday. Going with Darrell Baker, to see how good he is. Prediction for Tue is 91, that's too hot. But, its booked, so.......
MuskyMark
Master Angler

PostPosted: Fri Jul 14, 2006 6:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hitting the ol' Chain gang on Tuesday, eh? At least it's a week day, so the traffic should be light... er. Laughing

You going after bass? 'Eyes? Or maybe you've finally seen the light, sold the majority of your light weight gear, and you're going to be chucking bucktails and topwaters for the King of Freshwater Fish!! No... not the carp... MUSKIES! Laughing

Let us know how you do ff. Good, bad, or ugly. Good luck.

Mark
ffishman
Master Angler

PostPosted: Fri Jul 14, 2006 9:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

According to Darell we will go after what ever is "hot". Have to wait and see. Hope at least we have a breeze that day.
Bob Thompson
Angler

PostPosted: Fri Jul 14, 2006 12:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ffishman, just wondering how boat traffic is on the chain? Years ago boat trafffic on Fox lake and Channel lake kept me in the channels to try and get any fishing in at all without all the wakes from boats bothering us. How is it now on weekends and during the week? Is there still chain pickerel in the lakes and good luck with your day out. Bob
MuskyMark
Master Angler

PostPosted: Fri Jul 14, 2006 1:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Bob. I fish the Chain quite a bit, over the last few years at least. The boat traffic on the weekends in the summer is out of control. Most guys that I know who even bother fishing on the weekends go out before sunrise, and are off the lake by 9 or 10. From my experience... boat traffic is one thing... but getting buzzed from 20 yards away by a big Donzi or Malibu at full throttle... that's another thing. No thanks! Not much respect for the fishermen out there.

Anyhow, don't think there is a population of Chain Pickerel on the Fox Chain. Or if there was, they appear non-existent now. Used to be a healthy population of big pike, from what I heard, but not quite as many as there used to be either. Still seeing good numbers of walleyes, panfish, muskies, and bass. The Chain muskies don't like to bite my lures... but when the DNR sure pulls a lot of them up in their nets. Rolling Eyes

Mark
Bob Thompson
Angler

PostPosted: Fri Jul 14, 2006 5:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the info Mark. Are you still doing your Muskie trip to Cass in October? I'll be there from Aug 26th to Sept. 16th. Focusing on Skies but staying away from the tournament on the 8th to the 10th. Another catch and release record last week here in Utah at my home lake (resevoir) over 50 inches. Getting excited now for sure. Hate fighting the boat (jet sky) and cabin crusier Mad crowds here even during the week. Sept. on Cass is beautiful AND quiet.
ffishman
Master Angler

PostPosted: Fri Jul 14, 2006 5:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yea Bob, Like MM said, the weekends are horriffic. During the week its not too bad, but with this hot weather predicted, it may be terrible. We had originally scheduled a date with this guide for may. But that day, his boat broke down and we had to reschedule. Luck of the draw that its going to be 95 Tue. I have never caught a chain perkerel out of there. I used to get quite a few northerns, but, not to much lately. That's why were are going with this guide, Darrell Baker. he is supposed to be the best on the Chain. If I don't melt away Tue, I will post what happened. Chances are I will sweat out a case, so, Tue night will be spent putting the case back in, ahhhhhhh
muskiyfins
Spinner

PostPosted: Sun Jul 16, 2006 9:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So, Mark-you fish the chain quite a bit?? As you know, I live in McHenry, don't be bashful about stopping by and picking me up on the way. But you don't fish skies there? I've been told there are lots of them on Fox and Grass Lakes. A buddy of mine son in law is a muskie tournament guy and he kills em every year in the fall and a little in the spring. In the 5 years I've known (of) him, we've never hooked up though.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Minnesota Fishing and Minnesota Resorts Forum Index -> Cass Lake Fishing Reports All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: