Minnesota Fishing and Minnesota Resorts Forum Index  
Minnesota Fishing and Minnesota Resorts
Fishing Reports, Tips, Resorts and Classifieds
  |Search |Usergroups  |Register 
2006 Red lake opener

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Minnesota Fishing and Minnesota Resorts Forum Index -> Upper Red Lake Ice Fishing Reports
View previous topic :: View next topic  
cookie
Master Angler

PostPosted: Sat May 13, 2006 9:54 pm    Post subject: 2006 Red lake opener Reply with quote

After the first day of fishing for walleyes on red lake waskish is still standing. The landings were busy but not overwhelmed.A steady flow of traffic kept it busy most of the day but I do not think it was ever completly full. What amazed me was all the boats that were fishing in the river.I guess its hard to get on the lake when you could catch all your limits with out ever venturing out on to the lake. Don and his family did venture out on to the lake and had no problem catching there 8 fish with in the slot. Scott and his boys also got there 10, Dave and his 2 buddies had theres well before noon and were planning on chasing crappies the rest of the day. The greek and I spent the morning trying to find a few crappies as they have alluded us.
The wind was not a factor today but the chill in the air kept your hands cold after you got them wet. Bob and is two kids Luke and Tosha were able to land a couple of walleyes and we all had a fish fry for supper.All my fishermen here had fish for for dinner. I do not know for sure but I would expect if you were fishing for walleyes you did not get skunked today. On the other hand if you were hunting for crappies you may have gotten skunked today.
cookie
Master Angler

PostPosted: Sun May 14, 2006 11:05 pm    Post subject: Day 2 Reply with quote

day 2 was a little better weatherwise and the fishing was spectacular. Dave and his two buddies came in tonight and said it was unreal.From 6 to 7 they could not keep a minnow on there hook.It sounds like they may go out in the morning and troll around a bit for some pike. The greek took Bob and the kids out to search for crappies and found one? They also caught some pike and to many walleyes to count.All the others went home by noon today with there 2 a piece. I did not go on the boat today but Kellie and I may go out tuesday and see if we can catch some for supper. I have not even targeted walleyes and will be experimenting with a few different lures in the weeks ahead.
cookie
Master Angler

PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2006 8:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dave,Steve and Mike headed home yesterday with there 6 fish.They commented it was the best opener they had ever had. They fished on the lake all three days and tried to catch a big pike yesterday with no luck?
The camp grounds still have quite a few fishermen and I would say there were over 50 boats on the lake yesterday. Its been a steady flow of traffic going through town but at no time has it been a traffic jam. I did here of a report of some one doing fairly well on crappies sunday night. Bob caught the one sunday eve, on a rapala a nice 15 incher. The greek will be up again this weekend and bringing his sister and her kids.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Minnesota Fishing and Minnesota Resorts Forum Index -> Upper Red Lake Ice Fishing Reports All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: