Minnesota Fishing and Minnesota Resorts Forum Index  
Minnesota Fishing and Minnesota Resorts
Fishing Reports, Tips, Resorts and Classifieds
  |Search |Usergroups  |Register 
Looking for update on ice

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Minnesota Fishing and Minnesota Resorts Forum Index -> Upper Red Lake Ice Fishing Reports
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jerkbait
SpinCaster

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2006 5:27 pm    Post subject: Looking for update on ice Reply with quote

Hi everyone, was wondering how thick the ice is and the condition of the ice on URL. I was thinking about bringing the fish house up next weekend 1/21/06 and I am a little nervous about the ice, I have a new 3/4 ton diesel and a 18' crank down fish house, exspecially after my wife told that a coworker's friend put his truck thru the ice in 5' of water on URL this past weekend. The 10 day forcast looks cooler for next week, so any input would be great. Thanks, Jerkbait
wierschke

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2006 9:07 pm    Post subject: Ice Reply with quote

Put the snorkel on! Just kidding. You should be fine if you keep some distance between you and other 3/4 ton trucks. Stay away from large drifts.
cookie
Master Angler

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2006 11:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm 3 miles out of westwind om 18 inches of ice. This is a area I picked earlier when we had some bare ice out there. If you go off road stay away from drifts and any snow banks made by plowing as this is where you may find thinner ice. Some below zero weather would be nice. Westwinds road was in good shape when I came off the lake at 10 am. There is some water seeping from under some of the larger snow banks. Again just do not try a jump any snow banks. Westwind has roads plowed all over out there. plenty of room to pick a spot
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Minnesota Fishing and Minnesota Resorts Forum Index -> Upper Red Lake Ice Fishing Reports All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: