Minnesota Fishing and Minnesota Resorts Forum Index  
Minnesota Fishing and Minnesota Resorts
Fishing Reports, Tips, Resorts and Classifieds
  |Search |Usergroups  |Register 
Finally

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Minnesota Fishing and Minnesota Resorts Forum Index -> Cass Lake Fishing Reports
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Grouch
Angler

PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2016 1:39 pm    Post subject: Finally Reply with quote

We'll be there Saturday and ready to go! Anyone else going to be there?
IndyWalleye
Spinner

PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2016 6:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Grouch----we will be up on june 2nd.Looking realforward to your report on your week on Cass, From the post I have been reading you should be able to get shiners next week. You probably know this, but one guide from the Cass lske area posted that jig and minnow would be the best chance this week and next. Hope you have good weather and a hot bite. Try and leave a couple for the rest of us.----enjoy---p.s.- also read where this week the walleyes are hitting in 5 to 7 ft during the day, and 8 to 12 at dusk. Mainly along the edge of newly green weed line.
eye-doc
Spinner

PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2016 12:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Heads up with a group on Saturday, 5/28, and staying for the week. Will post report on my return.
IndyWalleye
Spinner

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2016 6:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

eye doc--wish you good luck on weather and the bite. Will be following you the week of june 3. Will be reading your report when I get home. Just wondering where you lodge on your trips, been seeing you on the sight for several years. We stay at the Horseshoe and love the setting.(basicly your old time fishing camp but well kept ) Also wondering what type fish you fish for. Agin good luck and safe trip.
eye-doc
Spinner

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2016 3:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We stay on Kitchi at Lost Acres. A group of 4 of us have been going the week of Memorial Day for 20+ years. We usually spend most of our time on Kitchi, especially if it is windy. Target walleyes morning & night and try to find some panfish during the day.
Grouch
Angler

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2016 2:01 pm    Post subject: 2nd week of season Reply with quote

We caught a lot of fish. Even some rock bass (ugh). Perch and walleyes were mixed together at 9-14 feet. Hitting well on jig & minnow.
Had beautiful weather, 75 - 84 every day. 2 thunderstorms, but both were in the late afternoon. Some wind but not enough to keep us off the lake.
Looking forward to September!
IndyWalleye
Spinner

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2016 7:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Grouch-----Nice to read your Cass report. "We caught a lot of fish
' Glad to see you had good weather and the wind wasn"t to rough. Eye-Doc is there this week, be interested to hear how they did on Kitchi. If you don't mind saying. I was wondering where you spent the majority of your fishing time,and if you did much trolling.One last question-were there still shiners available ?
Grouch
Angler

PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2016 6:16 am    Post subject: More Info Reply with quote

As usual I did my fishing at Cass on the big lake. A lot of guys were fishing Pike Bay and doing really well. I did all my trolling after dark for walleye, didn't do as well as some other trips. Shiners were available. We didn't use any because the weather was too hot so they die before you use them.
junior
BaitCaster

PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2016 7:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have Fun!
Bob Thompson
Angler

PostPosted: Sat Jun 04, 2016 1:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Grouch, what time in September will you be up there and where do you stay? The wife and I will be at Pike Hole most of September. We'd like to meet you for a burger & brew there if you can make it. Going at that time of the year we have only met Col Ron when he was still at Cass Lake lodge. Even did a little sporting clays with him. If you remember some of our old posts we were from Lombard back in the day. In all these years we feel we know most of all the guys/gals on the forum but never met many. Good job fishing, as always. We'll be targeting the Eyes this year and still hunting a few very elusive Muskies, if Mark leaves any for us. We can always find the Bass as we mostly structure fish. Hope to see you in the fall. Bob
gene
Master Angler

PostPosted: Sat Jun 04, 2016 1:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bob,

We will be on Cass in a week.

You and Mark can have the Musky.
They just don't taste as good as Rockies!

I'll leave some LMB for you.
Bob Thompson
Angler

PostPosted: Sat Jun 04, 2016 3:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

First, good luck Gene. Thanks for leaving some LMB and all our Bass are CPR, always. I also love the Rockies and especially Crappies for eating but lack the patience for still fishing. So, I don't know how the Walleye fishing will be. We must try to be patient though. We do catch some nice Rock Bass casting and usually bigger ones, much fun! Returned also for the "Gene" pool. At least jigging for the Eyes has some input, HA! And I should be severely punished if I ever did not release every one of the greatest fish that swims, the Muskie. Thank you for that also, Mark. Tight lines to all this year and always; eat, sleep, fish, repeat as needed to stay healthy. Bob
Grouch
Angler

PostPosted: Sat Jun 04, 2016 7:17 pm    Post subject: Reply to Bpb Thompson Reply with quote

We intend to be there Sept. 25 - 30. We stay at Horseshoe, cabin 5. We fish hard but take a break from 2 till 5 most days. Drop in, I would like to meet you.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Minnesota Fishing and Minnesota Resorts Forum Index -> Cass Lake Fishing Reports All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: