Minnesota Fishing and Minnesota Resorts Forum Index  
Minnesota Fishing and Minnesota Resorts
Fishing Reports, Tips, Resorts and Classifieds
  |Search |Usergroups  |Register 
Spring 2015
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Minnesota Fishing and Minnesota Resorts Forum Index -> Cass Lake Fishing Reports
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bob Thompson
Angler

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2015 6:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Glad to see the forum getting started again this year. Thanks much Grouch. Good to hear from all my forum friends as I've never met most of you. Maybe someday but we're up there at our favorite time of the year, Sept. and most of you guys are not. This year will be our 11th at Pike Hole.

Just one input for you all to ponder; Mn. DNR is proposing some kind of legislation concerning the invasive species and merely driving through the state with a boat getting to your destination. They are right now trying to reword it to not impose too harsh a criteria for this and impose too much regulation on all the tourism. It IS on hold right now. See here: "http://www.trailers.mndnr.gov/"
I don't want any hassle trailering into or through Mn. so I'm on their "get updates" list. Here in Utah we have something similar but we merely have to sign an internet print out form and display it in our windshield that we have not been in any invasive species water or have decontaminated our boat & trailer. Hope its not to "invasive to us" fishermen.

5 months for us to go yet but in trying to get in all the time we can in the autumn of our years we just might spend 5 weeks up there this year. YA!

Hoping you all have a fine & successful trip this year and lets hear from all of you on your trips and how you did. Cabin fever is an understatement for sure. The water calls. Bob
Clark
Master Angler

PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2015 7:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's official - the ice is out - 4/18/2015 Very Happy

Clark
Grouch
Angler

PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2015 9:33 pm    Post subject: Okay Reply with quote

Get the cabin ready!
Grouch
Angler

PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2015 11:47 am    Post subject: Time Reply with quote

the ice is out----
Time is running down, just 18 days to go!
IndyWalleye
Spinner

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2015 4:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

On a earlier post I mentioned that FROGGY'S bait shop was closing. Just read on another post that FROGGY'S has sold to a new owner. Still might be able to get what you need with the new owner. GROUCH,you have to be getting excited with "opener" approaching so quickly----hope you have good weather and the BITE is on.
IndyWalleye
Spinner

PostPosted: Sun May 03, 2015 6:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Grouch, you got to be biting at the bit with opener just days away!!!! I have only been fishing Cass for the last 8 or 9 years but I don`t think I have seen this unusually warm weather before. Its been above average temps for the last 3 or 4 weeks. I wondered if you fishermen who have been going to Cass for 18 years or more have seen this type of spring before. Also wonder if these early springs changed your normal early June fishing presentation for mainly walleyes and perch. I would figure it would be tough to find the crappie with as warm as its been. Thanks in advance for your opinions since I will be on the lake week of June 6.{cant wait}
Grouch
Angler

PostPosted: Sun May 03, 2015 8:24 pm    Post subject: warm spring Reply with quote

Yes, we've been on Cass opening week when the low temp for the week was 75. Had some 90+ days. Caught fish, got sun-burned, sweated a lot!
Fished a lot of nights after sun down. Deep for walleyes. Reeds and rushes for perch and rockies.
MuskyMark
Master Angler

PostPosted: Mon May 04, 2015 10:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Coming up a few weeks after Grouch hits the local walleye population...but I'm excited to hear about the warm spring. If the pattern stays in place, we'll see walleyes schooled a bit deeper than the past few springs, better weed growth, and maybe a more active muskie bite! Wink

Either way, I have no problems with getting up earlier or fishing later for a good walleye bite. Very Happy Hope they cooperate for you grouch.

Mark
Grouch
Angler

PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2015 1:46 pm    Post subject: Opening week Reply with quote

Well it's over. Rained every day, windy sometimes. BUT we filled out (walleye & perch) by Tuesday noon. Then we took a day off and then fished for crappies and rockies. Had a great time - we'll do it again.
eye-doc
Spinner

PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2015 8:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Grouch-
Glad you got on some fish. Cass can be miserable if the weather doesn't cooperate. Our group is headed up on Saturday for the week. Hoping for calm seas and a good bite. Will post when I return.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Minnesota Fishing and Minnesota Resorts Forum Index -> Cass Lake Fishing Reports All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: