Minnesota Fishing and Minnesota Resorts Forum Index  
Minnesota Fishing and Minnesota Resorts
Fishing Reports, Tips, Resorts and Classifieds
  |Search |Usergroups  |Register 
Spring 2015
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Minnesota Fishing and Minnesota Resorts Forum Index -> Cass Lake Fishing Reports
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Grouch
Angler

PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2015 2:44 pm    Post subject: Spring 2015 Reply with quote

Just 80 days till opener!! Will you be there this year?
gene
Master Angler

PostPosted: Wed Feb 18, 2015 4:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

109 days for our group!
IndyWalleye
Spinner

PostPosted: Wed Mar 11, 2015 9:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

84 days to go until june 6th--staying at the horseshoe resort, can't wait. Hope we all have great weather and the WALLEYES are hungery.
Grouch
Angler

PostPosted: Wed Mar 11, 2015 11:29 am    Post subject: Ready?? Reply with quote

Starting to get the boat ready. I know it's early but cabin fever's got me this year!
IndyWalleye
Spinner

PostPosted: Fri Mar 13, 2015 10:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Grouch---I realize you fish on "opener" week but was wondering what areas of cass do you usually start fishing, and what depth is a normal place to start looking for walleyes? Also, do you fish Andrusia at all when you are up there on opener? Not trying to steal your favorite spots since I have never been up there that early in the season--just wondering how much different 2 or 3 weeks makes on location and depth on what would be considered a normal year. Also I look forward to your report each year when you get home. GOODLUCK THIS YEAR, HOPE ITS ONE TO REMEMBER.
Grouch
Angler

PostPosted: Fri Mar 13, 2015 11:21 am    Post subject: opener Reply with quote

We generally fish the river mouths and the opening of the smaller lakes. At times we have gone far up the Mississippi and the Turtle to find the walleyes. Our favorite choice on the lake is North Cedar Bar.
I have fished Andrusia a few times but prefer to fish the big lake.
It all depends on the weather and when the walleyes spawned. Two or three weeks can make a huge difference in location. If we can find the walleye we also fish nearby for perch.
the close opener is to ice out the closer the fish will be to shallow water.
We are only there for a week so we fish long hours and every day. No rest for the wicked!!
gene
Master Angler

PostPosted: Tue Mar 24, 2015 2:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"No rest for the wicked"??? Now that's the first true thing you ever wrote about yourself on here Grouch....LOL.
-----------
74 more days to go for our group.

We try to plan one day in Kitchi for snakers and one day in Pike's Bay for Gills and one day doing some Perchi' somewhere.
But on most days on our trip in June we are typically chasing Pannies in Allen's Bay by 9am then fish all morning and maybe start scouting other spots near the Potato Islands or over in Dick's till about 5 then in for supper then back out from 7 till 10 trying for 'eyes then in to clean fish until 1am then a few (more) beers then some zzz's and get up and do it all over again the next day. Our favorite saying: "Sleep is overrated on vacation".

Our second favorite saying is "We are eating like Kings".
Breakfast is up to each individual--usually cereal and/or PopTarts. We take sack lunches out with us for in the boat during the day. And dinners are brought frozen from home and cook in the Crock Pot all day in the cabin while we are out fishing. Chili one night, Pulled Pork Sandwiches another, Homemade chicken soup, a type of Ghoulash casserole, boiled Polish Sausage sandwich one night, a fishfry night, and leftovers or burgers on Friday are the usual weekly menu for our group.

We have the itch and already have plans to open my Sis's trailer near Dixon, IL the week of April 20. And if the weather cooperates I'll be wetting a line that week too.

I LOVE SPRING FEVER!

Here's hoping the weather cooperates on everyone's trip this yr.
Grouch
Angler

PostPosted: Tue Mar 24, 2015 5:37 pm    Post subject: Opener Reply with quote

Yep, Geno - Just 45 days till opener. Your menu sounds god for a fishing bum like you!
I think you and I would be first in line when it comes to "No rest for the wicked!" LOL
IndyWalleye
Spinner

PostPosted: Sat Mar 28, 2015 6:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

For all the fishermen who "love cass lake------just wanted to make sure everyone knows that Joes Lodge on andrusia has a 24 hour WEB CAM on their internet site. I realize most if not all of you probably know this but I never saw in mentioned on any posts I've read. I FIND IT nice to pull up the cam picture to see the weather and conditions of the lake at any time, exspecially the few weeks ahead of our week on Cass.
junior
BaitCaster

PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2015 5:13 pm    Post subject: June 8th Reply with quote

A nephew's wedding got in the way of our June 8th trip,, Had to bail out.. Investigating a September trip

Have fun!
Junior
Grouch
Angler

PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2015 7:32 pm    Post subject: Cass Reply with quote

Really like fishing Cass in LATE September. If the weather has turned chilly the fish start to school.
IndyWalleye
Spinner

PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2015 7:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just read where FROGGYS bait shop in cass lake has went out of business as of 2 weeks ago. I was sorry to see that because I always got my fishing license there first thing on my way thru town. Not many local bait shops left around the lake. Looks like I better get my license on the internet this year.
MuskyMark
Master Angler

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2015 7:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Going twice this year. June 6 -13 with dad and boys, and Oct 21 - 25 with some buddies. Looking forward to both equally, but I better get my sh!t together and start preparing for the June trip. It'll be here before I know it! Shocked

Too bad to hear about Froggy's, if they actually closed. Closest place for bait is the Scenic Store in Pennington, or one of the couple places still open in Bemidji (since they closed Blue Water). Must be a sign of the times. Except for actual live bait...I'm guessing more and more guys are buying their gear on-line. Hard for small privately owned shops to compete on price.
gene
Master Angler

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2015 8:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Note to self: open bait shop in Cass Lake when retired
Grouch
Angler

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2015 9:45 am    Post subject: Bait shop Reply with quote

I thought you were always tired?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Minnesota Fishing and Minnesota Resorts Forum Index -> Cass Lake Fishing Reports All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: