Minnesota Fishing and Minnesota Resorts Forum Index  
Minnesota Fishing and Minnesota Resorts
Fishing Reports, Tips, Resorts and Classifieds
  |Search |Usergroups  |Register 
my first day of my working vacation
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Minnesota Fishing and Minnesota Resorts Forum Index -> Upper Red Lake Ice Fishing Reports
View previous topic :: View next topic  
cookie
Master Angler

PostPosted: Mon Apr 01, 2013 9:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

wow at 7 degrees were making ice. I still have no plans to go fishing untell the houses are closer to home.. I did make it past the mouth of the river and now have the houses staged to bring them in front of our place. There just so much snow down at the shoreline we have to wait untell mother nature does her thing. Every years I have dreams/ nightmares of the houses getting left on the lake .Last week Im at westwind waiting for customers when I look around the building and there are boats trolling . Last night a wake up and alll the snow and ice are gone and my houses are sitting on a sandbar surronded by 10 foot reeds. To funny how people dream. Maybe tonight I'll dream about fishermen with big smiles landing those elusive upper red lake crappies.
cookie
Master Angler

PostPosted: Mon Apr 01, 2013 9:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

wow at 7 degrees were making ice. I still have no plans to go fishing untell the houses are closer to home.. I did make it past the mouth of the river and now have the houses staged to bring them in front of our place. There just so much snow down at the shoreline we have to wait untell mother nature does her thing. Every years I have dreams/ nightmares of the houses getting left on the lake .Last week Im at westwind waiting for customers when I look around the building and there are boats trolling . Last night a wake up and alll the snow and ice are gone and my houses are sitting on a sandbar surronded by 10 foot reeds. To funny how people dream. Maybe tonight I'll dream about fishermen with big smiles landing those elusive upper red lake crappies.
KPS

PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2013 11:10 am    Post subject: How is it Looking for Opener Reply with quote

Hey Cookie,

How is it looking for the opener? Any idea on the ice thickness recently?
cookie
Master Angler

PostPosted: Tue May 07, 2013 8:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

all I can say is what the ..... all my customers have made other plans as it does not look to good. We did have a beautifull day yesterday and today looks really good for melting ice.
Harry
BaitCaster

PostPosted: Sun May 12, 2013 1:43 pm    Post subject: opener Reply with quote

Cookie: Ben and I walked out on the ice Saturday morning. Caught a few, returned a few, and brought home a few. All in about 1.5 hours. The walk off the ice was interesting. We couldn't believe how fast the ice had deteriorated in that time.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Minnesota Fishing and Minnesota Resorts Forum Index -> Upper Red Lake Ice Fishing Reports All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: