Minnesota Fishing and Minnesota Resorts Forum Index  
Minnesota Fishing and Minnesota Resorts
Fishing Reports, Tips, Resorts and Classifieds
  |Search |Usergroups  |Register 
Week of June 8th
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Minnesota Fishing and Minnesota Resorts Forum Index -> Cass Lake Fishing Reports
View previous topic :: View next topic  
junior
BaitCaster

PostPosted: Sun Mar 31, 2013 6:37 pm    Post subject: Week of June 8th Reply with quote

We are booked @Wishbone... Looking forward to a fun week of Fishing, Golfing & relaxing...... Junior
IndyWalleye
Spinner

PostPosted: Mon Apr 08, 2013 8:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Our group is also booked for June 8th at the SHOE--cant wait. Hope we both have good weather. there are 4 of us--2 19yr olds 1 44yr old, and 1 64yr old. At this early stage it looks like a slightly later spring--so I am exspecting that shiners and minnows will be the bait of choice. Later post in May will tell if this holds true. Going to try for some cass lake crappies this trip along with always favorite mr walleye. Everyone says crappie are not easy to find on cass, but going to try. Also going to try Andrusia for walleye more this trip.
gene
Master Angler

PostPosted: Mon Apr 08, 2013 11:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Our group is set for June 8 at Birch Villa. We got 2 newbies in our group of 8 and right now we are hoping for good weather....and GREAT fishing.

We lost my good fishing buddy's dad last yr. Mr. P left us in late Oct. He was the one who got us started on Cass in the mid-70's and he himself had made over 45 trips to Cass.

He had this "tradition" which we love to laugh about...no matter how good the fishing, at 2:30pm it became "cocktail time" and he had to be taken in to the cabin. But he was a real trooper and he made it out with us for eve fishing most of the time.
....prob gonna spread some ashes and I know we will all go in one afternoon at 2:30pm and have "a scotch" in his honor.
eye-doc
Spinner

PostPosted: Mon Apr 08, 2013 1:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good to see some chatter on everyone's upcoming trips. We are headed back to Lost Acres on Kitchi for May 27 - June 4. That is if the ice is off by then....I am a little worried about the northern lakes for the Wisconsin walleye opener on May 4.
junior
BaitCaster

PostPosted: Sat Apr 13, 2013 7:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gene... maybe everyone can meet for lunch at Pike Hole @ 2:30?... Ron
gene
Master Angler

PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2013 8:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good idea..if everyone will have "a Scotch"...and then we can meet some "regulars" we have not met face-to-face before.

Sounds like a plan...but I am not sure Pike Hole is still open for lunch then....but I bet Frank can make an exception if we have enough Cass Lake Crazies commit to Pike Hole lunch.
We like to plan our Pike Hole lunch for Monday after a morning chasing Snakers in Kitchi. Let's try to plan that.

We will stay in touch and try to arrange it for sure.
Grouch
Angler

PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2013 11:32 am    Post subject: Time Reply with quote

It's about time all you Crazies come out of hibernation and talk a bit.
Our group will be at Horseshoe for opening day, whether the snow is gone or not. No softies in this group, tough weather breeds tough fishermen.
eye-doc
Spinner

PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2013 1:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Grouch-There's no question in my mind that you and your bunch are tough fisherman. However, it is your boat vs. the icebergs that will still be floating on opening day that has me worried....
Grouch
Angler

PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2013 6:34 pm    Post subject: Ice Reply with quote

Been there before, ice is not a big problem. Late spawn is.
eye-doc
Spinner

PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2013 9:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alright Grouch...Best of luck to you and your group and I hope the weather cooperates. Please save a couple of 16" walleyes for me to catch over Memorial Day...Have a great trip!
gene
Master Angler

PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2013 7:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

And leave some Rockies for us in June too.........
junior
BaitCaster

PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2013 8:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am reading that Walleye's will not spawn until Ice is out.. This will be a late spawn this year... Not sure what that means to early June fishing? Comments?
Grouch
Angler

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2013 10:49 am    Post subject: Spawn Reply with quote

I believe that the walleyes spawn as soon as there is a change in the waters they spawn in. Such as ice break-up or spring rain or temperature rise. I think they move best at around 45 degrees.
Once they spawn they then move out to deeper water, lay around to recover from the efforts of spawning and then move to their regular habits.
Just my thoughts on this.
IndyWalleye
Spinner

PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2013 2:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just read a disturbing report on the availability of SPOT TAIL SHINERS this year in the cass lake area. Since GENE.junior,GROUCH, and myself all seem to be fishing cass in early june , combined with a somewhat late spring this could be important since spot tails are the main bait of choice. IF YOU WISH TO READ THE REPORT go to [www.minnesota vacations cass lake chamber of commerance] Hit on [Area Reports] and then read the "Freds bait shop report. Not trying to start a rumor but thought it was interesting. Be interested in hearing your views on this situation. JUST would not be the same without shiners in early spring on cass.
Grouch
Angler

PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2013 6:01 pm    Post subject: spot tail Reply with quote

Never have used a spot tail shiner. But if my bait of choice is not available I go to the worlds best - night crawlers. Even in Indiana they must know this!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Minnesota Fishing and Minnesota Resorts Forum Index -> Cass Lake Fishing Reports All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: