Minnesota Fishing and Minnesota Resorts Forum Index  
Minnesota Fishing and Minnesota Resorts
Fishing Reports, Tips, Resorts and Classifieds
  |Search |Usergroups  |Register 
another weekend goes by

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Minnesota Fishing and Minnesota Resorts Forum Index -> Upper Red Lake Ice Fishing Reports
View previous topic :: View next topic  
cookie
Master Angler

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2013 8:44 am    Post subject: another weekend goes by Reply with quote

Time sure flies by when your having fun. I made a big mistake this past weekend. With the predicted winds I should of scrounged a box for the honda 2000. Sorry about that Tony. That was completly my falt. It paseds through my to do list but I blew it off. Its nice to learn from your mistake and if I'm going to run 3 generators then I need 3 boxes not two.
It has been a great weekend. otherwise. Got to spend time with wayne. Every one caught some fish with andy and adndy catching over 55 fishfor the weekend.
Cody and Mike did deccent and took home 7 or 8. I never got to say good by to Tony so I will have to call him to see how he did overall. Once this cold snapp passes I hope to move florida and california a little further from home and a little deeper.
I did lose my phone this weekend so I have lost every phone number I had. . There's a few people I'm not sure how I will get there numbers back unless they happen to call.
Kellie caught her first or second walleye of the season as we played cards and fished with Wayne and Phil..
Man did that wind blow saturday, I spent part of yesterday working on hillmens road and gave the red baron a good work out. When I left old minnesota at dark all of a sudden my head lites went out, I could not see a thing with the white out conditions, All the pounding earlier had broken one of the plow lites and there it was dangling in the wind. I finised breaking it off and secured the wires. Jumped back in the red baron and still no lites. It was slow going and took me over a hour to get home. I started playing with the toggle switch and the lite came on so I drove in with one hand holding the broken switch. With the super cold weather I will not be moving the houses for any customers
cookie
Master Angler

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 8:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

well well it looks like the temps are minus 20 this morning with a high of minus 2 today. Going to be tough moving all the shacks for the up and coming weekend. Thursday more snow is predicted. I clocked it out and as of last night it is 7 miles to the door step of montana. Dave and Sarha rolled in around 9 pm last night. They brought me barbque from market barbque. Yummy and thanks. After checking them in I stopped to check on Brett and Melony. They had good fishing and had just finished walleye for dinner, They offered the left over fish so Bell the blueberry eating dog and I had a nice snack on the way in.
I still have not figuered out why the dodge prospector will not start and that needs to go on the to do list.
Hillmens road is in great shape. I spent some time friday night and saturday morning plowing .
cookie
Master Angler

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 7:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I could not be happier about the bite right now. Brett and Melony have done real well in old minnesota. Dave and Sarah said last night they had the best fishing ever yesterday. They had me bring them oil and shore lunch when I came out to check on them and more minnows.
Today I will be moving california and florida out deeper as that's where the better fishing has been. Old minnesota will also be moved and montana will be moved tomorrow after dave and sarah leave. Even though minnesota and montana are still producing fish I can not help but putting them on fresh ice for the up and coming weekend.
Jake, Jenny and Gabrial will be coming up this weekend along with all the grand kids mathew jakob,jason,ashly and brittnie and daughter Melisa.
I think I will put a prize on who can catch the most fish that should keep the kids entertained. Should be a fun weekend as kellie and I miss the kids.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Minnesota Fishing and Minnesota Resorts Forum Index -> Upper Red Lake Ice Fishing Reports All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: