Minnesota Fishing and Minnesota Resorts Forum Index  
Minnesota Fishing and Minnesota Resorts
Fishing Reports, Tips, Resorts and Classifieds
  |Search |Usergroups  |Register 
Last fish of the year?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Minnesota Fishing and Minnesota Resorts Forum Index -> Cass Lake Fishing Reports
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MuskyMark
Master Angler

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2012 10:21 am    Post subject: Last fish of the year? Reply with quote

Haven't been out much this fall due to a new job and both of my boys playing football. Recently discovered I've got serious problems with the front differential in my truck... so I may be done for the year pulling my boat around. Going to SD to hunt in pheasants in a couple weeks and the hunting season will be in full swing in IL soon after. Fortunately, I was able to get out on a local private lake with a buddy a couple weekends ago and boated my first tiger musky. A scrappy 35 incher on a sandcat (jerkbait). These are some beautiful fish. If it is my last... good way to end the season!

gene
Master Angler

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2012 10:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A real beauty Mark....CONGRATS!
Kinda close to shore aren't ya?

(Sorry bout that car issue....machines need lovin' too)
Bob Thompson
Angler

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2012 2:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice one Mark. They are a good colorful fish. With the luck I have at Cass I have to rely on my home Muskie lake here that I've been catching "Tigers" on for about 15 years. One nice thing here is no season limit, just a size limit, open year around, and in the spring being sterile, although they retain some of the spawning charateristics the are feeding and aggressive all year. Nice! My biggest here is a 44" but once again Karen got a 48" plus to the boat and we lost it. Our state record here is a 52" on this lake (reservoir).

Our trip to Cass/Kitchi this year was as good as ever with many nice fish caught but nothing spectacular to post. Just another good year and again, no Muskie. The best part was fishing with my two grandsons for the first time together. My daughter and the family made the trip from Wyoming to be with us for a great week.

Again Mark, a nice Tiger and maybe a new local passtime for you. Great! Good luck hunting. Bob
MuskyMark
Master Angler

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2012 7:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Gene and Bob. Any chance to fish is a good one. The Tiger was definitely a bonus though. Purty fish. Won't be going back to the local lake though. Was a guest trip at local fishing/hunting club. Little too pricey for my blood! Shocked

Anyhow, I definitely am getting excited to get to SD now. I'll post a few pics after the trip for anyone on the website that's interested in bird hunting. Talk to you later guys.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Minnesota Fishing and Minnesota Resorts Forum Index -> Cass Lake Fishing Reports All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: