Minnesota Fishing and Minnesota Resorts Forum Index  
Minnesota Fishing and Minnesota Resorts
Fishing Reports, Tips, Resorts and Classifieds
  |Search |Usergroups  |Register 
Week of June 2nd

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Minnesota Fishing and Minnesota Resorts Forum Index -> Cass Lake Fishing Reports
View previous topic :: View next topic  
junior
BaitCaster

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2012 4:30 pm    Post subject: Week of June 2nd Reply with quote

My group of Cass Lake Crazies will be smaller this year but still making our way to the north to Cass Cake the week of June 2nd. Three (3) weeks earlier than normal. Should be very interesting weather wise… Also, looking forward to what a full moon will do to fishing that week

I heard that the Pike Hole restaurant is not open that early in the year… What am I going to do without my yearly “pike holer”.

Keep your lines tight.
Junior
ffishman
Master Angler

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2012 7:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

For 30 years, we always went the 2nd and 3rd week. Fishing can go from fantastic to tough. Biggest problem is the Mayfly hatch, that sure does slow fishing down. One year, we were in the middle of Pikes bay, I was messing with my locator. My buddy got bored and started fishing. In no time we limited out on jumbo perch, in the middle of the lake. As for the Pike hole, they are still open but do not open till dinner time, from what I hear. Good luck.
eye-doc
Spinner

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2012 7:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have been going up to Cass the week of Memorial Day for over 10 years. I think earlier is better...with the warm weather we have been having this year it will be an early ice off. The weed growth and water temps will be well ahead of schedule. The mayfly hatch could be a factor, but there are ways to work around it...
MuskyMark
Master Angler

PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2012 7:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

junior - You have to be getting pretty excited for your trip. Days away now. Good luck when you guys get up there. Stay safe... and leave a few 'eyes for me. Wink

Mark
junior
BaitCaster

PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2012 10:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cass Lake Fishing –Week of 6/2/12

• Weather was high 70’s – 81. Rain on Wednesday
• Water temp: 64- In/ 67 – out
• Northern in Kitchie- Troll around the turn to go to Lost Acres & trolling along the reeds by Lost Acres (both sides). White spinners was the best
• Walleyes at night at Wishbone bar & O’Neal by trolling Rapala’s. Nothing in morning or afternoon. Tried Lindy Rigs & trolling. Rock Bass & Perch only
• Rock Bass everywhere- best population seen. Allan’s Bay & Potato Island were the best. Reeds in Kitchie good too. But everywhere on the lake.
• No Crappie
• Bluegills in Pug Hole- right of the entrance
• Nothing in Andrusia or Buck Lake– one attempt
• Didn’t have time for Lost Lake. Bummer – really wanted to go there for LMB
• May Fly’s hatched on Cass on Tuesday

In general, Good times at Cass & no one got hurt!
IndyWalleye
Spinner

PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2012 8:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

junior-was interested in your success at catching walleye. from your post it sounded like after dark might have been your best results or was it early evening? also did the hatch slow the walleye fishing alot, What size of walleye did you have the pleasure of catching? really surprised you did not get onto the perch during the week. don't you miss cass already---what a great lake area!
junior
BaitCaster

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2012 1:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The May Fly hatch was not all at once. It seems to spread out from Monday to Thursday with Tuesday night the biggest hatch. It appeared that killed the Walleye day time bite.

At evening, best was Lindy Rigs with a night crawler. >9:30 PM, it was trolling rapala’s. > ~11:30 PM, nothing…

If you like Rock Bass, the lake is loaded!. All the perch were released
gene
Master Angler

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2012 8:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Perch too small?

You know I like RB!!!!!!
junior
BaitCaster

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2012 9:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Worms.... Also worked real good was Gulp 2.5" minnows... They stayed on the hook very good... Have Fun Geno
gene
Master Angler

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2012 10:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

T-4 will be tryin the shallows of Allen's first...then the deeper sides...and Dick's Bay and for sure and down into Pike's too....Wonder how MuskyMark is doin....the attack is happenin soon!
MuskyMark
Master Angler

PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2012 10:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey. We had a good trip. I'll post a better report (w/pics) in the next couple days. Weather was unstable. Started off @ 88 degrees Saturday evening! By Sunday midday the change rolled in. Then got 3-4 days of cold nights (30s) and some gray, windy, rainy days (highs ranged from low to upper 60s). Weather broke again Thursday evening and turned warmer/sunny. Ran into some good pockets of walleyes, tons of pike, and one fat 43 inch muskie on Kitchi.

More to follow.
Bob Thompson
Angler

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2012 9:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MM: "Hey. We had a good trip."

That is great Mark. Even with the weather you had its always good to stay positive and it sounds like you did exceptionally well given that weather. Walleyes to eat, Pike just for the fun of it and a nice big boy. Did he come in that typical Muskie weather or when it was fair? Also were you at Pike Hole so you and your Dad could enjoy a brew at the bar in the evenings? Always nice after a hard day fishing. All in all it sounds like you had a good trip. Well done my friend. Bob
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Minnesota Fishing and Minnesota Resorts Forum Index -> Cass Lake Fishing Reports All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: