Minnesota Fishing and Minnesota Resorts Forum Index  
Minnesota Fishing and Minnesota Resorts
Fishing Reports, Tips, Resorts and Classifieds
  |Search |Usergroups  |Register 
Opening Day
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Minnesota Fishing and Minnesota Resorts Forum Index -> Cass Lake Fishing Reports
View previous topic :: View next topic  
gene
Master Angler

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2012 10:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Leave them ALL for us Grouch.

Go get 'em....have fun.
Bob Thompson
Angler

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2012 7:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Grouch, don't let Gene fool you. They are some of the best eating there is. A platter of Rockies and several pitchers of Michelob dark. Can't get any better then that. I know. Any ways, kick butt fishing and by all means have fun.

And Gene, you better leave me some LMB to attack my baits in Sept. and maybe MM will leave me some Skies. Have fun all and please stay safe. Bob
Grouch
Angler

PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2012 12:36 pm    Post subject: Opener Reply with quote

Wonderful week. Blue skies, light winds, plenty of fish. Even caught some rockies! Filled our limits by Wednesday and just kicked back and practiced catch & release the last 2 days. Never saw a musky during the day but had one take my Rapala while trolling at night.
Friday night there was a really big thunderstorm but as the boat was on the trailer and everything was packed it didn't bother us.
Still the most beautiful lake with the most co-operative fish I know.
Bob Thompson
Angler

PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2012 5:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Stop it Grouch, you're making me homesick for my home away from home. Laughing Seems like the weather gods were with you this trip and boy does that make a difference. Glad you did well and caught a bunch. How many of "Genes Rockies" did you eat? Hope I find some of those Skies you came across when I go in Sept., I'm getting tired of Pike and LMB but they are fun! I'm still about 90% CPR so it doesn't matter much. I would just like one really nice Mn. Muskie before I hit the rocking chair. Its just gotta beat my 44" Utah Tiger. Should be easy, right? Not for me it seems.

Perfect timing for you for a storm to move in and I hope it did not bother your drive back much. All in all it seemed to be a near perfect week for you. Now for the big pond for you the rest of the year and some Lakers and Coho, even maybe some jumbo Perch and a beer or two. Later, Bob
Grouch
Angler

PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2012 7:14 pm    Post subject: Rockies for Bob Reply with quote

Most of the Rockies we caught we released into the Horseshoe harbor. Trying to create a school there. At one time there were many, many rockies in the harbor and the owner asked the guests not to take them as they thrilled the kids all summer long. But one year a couple of "Sportsmen" sat on the docks and cleaned out the school. There are very few in that harbor now.
gene
Master Angler

PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2012 9:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK, Grouch......now I'm ready for our trip. Bob is right....leave the Musky for him in the fall and leave the Rockies for me June 16! (That was NOT us in the harbor!)

Going to my sis's campground this coming Memorial Day wkend for a "tune up". Gonna try for some cats and LMB and gillies. And will prob get some sun since it's gonna be 90+.....which could be good since we did great last yr in HOT weather (and in 18" of H2O).

So..where were your HOTSPOTS this trip? And the bait of choice?

Do tell!!!!!!!!!
gene
Master Angler

PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2012 10:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh yeah...and one other thing Mr Sportsman....release some walters in that harbor to really give the kids a good time!
Grouch
Angler

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2012 7:15 pm    Post subject: Hot Spots Reply with quote

The Rockpile, The White House, O'Neals Point, Turtle River Bar, Buck Bar, Pagoda Bar. Jig and minnow during daylight hours and trolling Rapalas after dark.
MuskyMark
Master Angler

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2012 10:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ahhh. Love those structure names! Music to my ears. Can almost follow some of those contours with my eyes closed now...

If the weather is more "stable" this year... I'm hoping to branch out and hit more of Cass. Even make the longer trips across the lake and fish the south side and a couple spots in Allens Bay and Andrusia. Looking forward to getting my son out at night to troll Rapalas on the bars too. Was too stormy or windy most nights last year to do that.

Good report Grouch. Glad you did well.
junior
BaitCaster

PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2012 8:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Our group leaves Saturday for the North end of Cass. Will give a report progress next week.
Junior

P.S. Never seen the White House
Grouch
Angler

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2012 7:28 pm    Post subject: Fall Fishing Frenzy Reply with quote

Just 30 days till we are once again on Cass and enjoying life. Eating, drinking, sleepinf and FISHING!!!

Maybe this is the year for a big muskie!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Minnesota Fishing and Minnesota Resorts Forum Index -> Cass Lake Fishing Reports All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: