Minnesota Fishing and Minnesota Resorts Forum Index  
Minnesota Fishing and Minnesota Resorts
Fishing Reports, Tips, Resorts and Classifieds
  |Search |Usergroups  |Register 
Upper red lake gets a flush

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Minnesota Fishing and Minnesota Resorts Forum Index -> Upper Red Lake Ice Fishing Reports
View previous topic :: View next topic  
cookie
Master Angler

PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2011 5:57 am    Post subject: Upper red lake gets a flush Reply with quote

The high wind and high water has done quite a bit of shoreline damage, With miles apon miles of shoreline lost forever. But on a good note every piece of litter is now intangled in reeds on shore. Every golf ball I ever hit into the water is now somwhere on shore. Uncle Loyde and his crew staying at westwind ask me where all the golf balls came from. I have never thought of them as liter as there to fun to hit into the lake. Some how the water movement has sent many, many golf balls that way. I can not hit them a 1/4 mile.And do not hit them that way.
Beach combing is on my list today and I will alos bring a bucket for liter but I expect that will be full in no time. Westwinds shoreline is littered with reeds,sand and litter.They have been busting butt cleaning it all up. I can not imagine how much sand has gotten deposited on shore. I did not have anythying to slow the water down from sloshing back and fourth so I did not get a nice sand beach while Henry got a nice little beach, Uncle Pete had installed tires down along there shoreline year ago.
Anyone interested in beach combing should bring a bucket for litter. A walk along the eastern shorline and who knows what you will find ,Loyde's nephew had found a half dozen lures as of yesterday.
cookie
Master Angler

PostPosted: Sat Jun 11, 2011 5:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My beach combing was quite the eye opener. The area I went to the watwer and wind has taken out ceder trees all along the shore line. The debri field is any where from 30 to 50 yards in the woods so it was more like woods combing them beach combing. I found a dog toy and one ice bobber. The liter is mixed into the reeds. I filled my bucket in less then 2 minutes. The beaches are clean of any liter as everything that was not nailed down pushed into the woods.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Minnesota Fishing and Minnesota Resorts Forum Index -> Upper Red Lake Ice Fishing Reports All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: