Minnesota Fishing and Minnesota Resorts Forum Index  
Minnesota Fishing and Minnesota Resorts
Fishing Reports, Tips, Resorts and Classifieds
  |Search |Usergroups  |Register 
Cass June 11-17
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Minnesota Fishing and Minnesota Resorts Forum Index -> Cass Lake Fishing Reports
View previous topic :: View next topic  
IndyWalleye
Spinner

PostPosted: Sun Apr 24, 2011 5:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Col Ron----Taking you tip seriously, our boat has agreed to spend more time after dark on the water.Almost all of my night time Walleye fishing has been a couple of hours after sunset anchored down with slip bobbers{my personal favorite way to enjoy Walleye fishing}. Also we are going to get out before sunrise more this year {weather permitting}. My question is what techniques would be your choises during the middle of June. I hope I am not asking to much of you guys, I am just trying to widen my presentations in order to be a better Walleye fisherman. ALSO THANKS CLARK FOR CORRECTING MY MISTAKES.
Col Ron, Guide

PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2011 8:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There are some great rock piles on the south side of Star Island that are only about 8 feet deep. At night the walleyes come in and feed on them. Your slip bobbers would work, personally, I like trolling over the rocks with small rapala's about #5, Chartruse over white. Bounce it right on the rocks. Or, as you suggested, anchor 20 yards off the rocks and throw your slip bobbers on top of the rocks with a leech and jig/ minnow and jig. It should work.
You may also want to try the rock pile by the dam (out in the middle of the lake). At night that can really be good!!! The rocks on the north shore up by the dam has been good for years at night, (they are located directly north of the rockpile, near the large antenna on the shoreline-find them during the day so you can locate them at night).

Good luck,

Col Ron
gene
Master Angler

PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2011 1:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good tips Ron.

Indy,
I did not receive an email yet with phone nos.

Clark,
Thanks for the heads-up.
Today Sven spoke to Karrie and confirmed it: Birch Villa was sold.
IndyWalleye
Spinner

PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2011 5:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Col Ron-----Thanks for great ideas !!! Slip bobbering on the rocks close to deep water makes alot of sense. I already know of a rocky point near deep water on the southeast corner of Cass{found it about 10 yrs ago and caught nice size jumbo perch on it during late morning} Will spend a calm afternoon and look for other attractive looking rock piles on the southside. Also looking forward to my first trip to pikes bay.
Col Ron, Guide

PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2011 8:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

On the south side of Star Island,, if you go out almost straight from the public camp ground, you should see the 8 foot rocks, maybe a 1/2 mile out.

Pike Bay, is my favorite. Generally, fish the drop off all the way down on the south end of the lake-about in the middle of the camp ground on the shoreline. Fish in 18 to 20 feet of water, look on your sonar for the bottom to change, that is where the big walleye hang out, the drop off goes in a "S" pattern and is the best spot on the lake. In case of a storm/ lightening, beach the boat at the camp ground, there are brick out houses there for protection, been in there many of times. We have two wall hangers from that shoreline/ weedline. 22 years ago, my son caught a 31" walleye at the age of 10, and 6 years ago, my daughter caught a 30" walleye there, broke a gill plate and had to mount that one. Very unusual, but when the wind is calm, or a slow wind from the south, the fishing is great there.

Col Ron
IndyWalleye
Spinner

PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2011 4:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

looks like some darn good info Col Ron. I think my 7 days on Cass this year will end with some new areas fished, thanks!! Also Gene, should have that # emailed to you soon, my sons been busy at work and hasnt had a chance to call.
junior
BaitCaster

PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2011 7:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Be careful going from Cass into Pike's.. My 1st trip was a experience.. Stay to the right.....Junior
ffishman
Master Angler

PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2011 6:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yep, your right. When I enter Pikes, I go straight south till I hit water at least 4 feet. Good point.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Minnesota Fishing and Minnesota Resorts Forum Index -> Cass Lake Fishing Reports All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: