Minnesota Fishing and Minnesota Resorts Forum Index  
Minnesota Fishing and Minnesota Resorts
Fishing Reports, Tips, Resorts and Classifieds
  |Search |Usergroups  |Register 
Today was one of those days

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Minnesota Fishing and Minnesota Resorts Forum Index -> Upper Red Lake Ice Fishing Reports
View previous topic :: View next topic  
cookie
Master Angler

PostPosted: Thu Feb 10, 2011 9:31 pm    Post subject: Today was one of those days Reply with quote

With the temp at minus 33 this morning and the sun shining I could tell right away that this would be a glorious day.
Once I was on the lake I headed out to Idaho and the guys were all ready gone. Bummer
I then headed back to florida where to my surprise Sarha and Larry and 3 keeper walleyes. I then joined them for a game of canaska. Very fun card game and sarha won. It was then off to move florida once they departed to get it ready for tomorrow. Then off to old minnesota to move as Kellie and I with our grandson Jacob will be using this weekend.
Even though I was dissapointed that I only have one house rented this weekend I can use a break before the final push to the end of the season.
Taking minnesota to its new spot I had time to just enjoy the beauty of the lake and watch the sun go down as I headed west. I truely love my job working on the lake in the great outdoors. A wife of 33 years that puts up with me. Our daughter living here with our grandson jacob. He is a hoot and a handfull all at the same time.
cookie
Master Angler

PostPosted: Fri Feb 11, 2011 8:37 am    Post subject: its friday Reply with quote

wheres the snow? I have become spoiled dealing with blowing snow every friday all season long.
Today my daughter melissa will be driving the red baron and riding shotgun will be my grandson Jacob.
Jacob will be the 6th generation living here in waskish. Who knows he may be your guide someday.
Having both trucks on the ice will be nice.
Missy she hates being called melissa said she wanted to auger a hole so that will be entertaining as the auger with extension is taller then her.
Once we get florida ready we will be off to prep old minnesota as Kellie, Jacob and I plan on fishing in it this weekend.
The spot I moved to is a little further out .I told Kellie she now has a chance to land a elusive but still catchable upper red lake crappie. Her eyes sparkled as she fantasized of landing a 15 inch upper red lake crappie. It should be a fun evning as we are watching Jacob while Melissa/missymouse has to work. We will have dinner on the ice just not sure what I plan on making but leaning towards pizza. It takes a hour to make one of my home made pizzas and last time I tried to make one on the lake it was a dissaster.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Minnesota Fishing and Minnesota Resorts Forum Index -> Upper Red Lake Ice Fishing Reports All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: