Minnesota Fishing and Minnesota Resorts Forum Index  
Minnesota Fishing and Minnesota Resorts
Fishing Reports, Tips, Resorts and Classifieds
  |Search |Usergroups  |Register 
shoreline accesss

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Minnesota Fishing and Minnesota Resorts Forum Index -> Upper Red Lake Ice Fishing Reports
View previous topic :: View next topic  
cookie
Master Angler

PostPosted: Tue Nov 30, 2010 8:07 am    Post subject: shoreline accesss Reply with quote

I beleave all the resorts with roads have now prepped there accesses for the up and coming ice fishing season. The ice had piled up just before the lake glazed over and made quite the mess. The chunks of ice needed to be crushed as there were pockets of slush undernieth do to the snow drifting in. Since I only use my access for myself I have left mine alone for now. Next time Phil is up we will see what we can do with out taring up blue thunder.
We dodged the snow storm with maybe 2 inches of wet snow instead of 7 .You could watch the radar as it split around the lake. Last year at this time the weather was alot warmer looking back at my reports. We still have plenty of openings for the up and coming season.So do not be affraid to call and ask a few questions. Our houses are truly deluxe fish houses. Its like fishing in a cabin. Idaho has satilite tv for those football fans and it sure would be nice to have some one using it on sundays.
minnesota,florida,montana have dishes ,sink,4 burner stove with oven,pots.pans utensils ,dish soap, tv with jacks for dvd, boom box,ceiling fan, indoor biffy,lights electricity.Large picture windows.Rattle wheels totaly decked out so your not looking at blank walls. I give it my best to have the houses on fresh spots and have even moved a few when the fishing is slow with help from the customers. A few have even road in the houses as I moved them? Theres a few pics of the houses on our website
cookiesonupperredlake.com
cookie
Master Angler

PostPosted: Fri Dec 03, 2010 7:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

accu weather says its - 16? I guesss its right. I just came in from starting the wifes car and letting bel the blueberry eating dog out and it sure did not feel that cold.
I 'll go start blue thunder up in a bit and see how she likes the first real cold snap. Again this year we had to replace a feul pump. We went back to a mechanical and elliminatted the electric.
If I remember right today is when the lake glazed over last year so in a sense were ahead of scheduel. To bad we have all that snow out there to slow down the process. That last nw wind made a mess down on my shoreline and need to spend some time plowing down there..When Dr Phill gets back we will use two trucks and break a trail onto the lake to break up all the ice that piled up so it can freeze down. I know theres slush under there so we need to expose that to the elements.
There is also so alot of reeds that got mixed into the first 30 yards of ice and I'm not sure how well that will freeze.
jake calls everyday to get the conditions. he is just itching to get up here now that he is working again.
The greek made it to alaska yesterday and will be busy alll winter doing some remodeling for next year. It sounds like he may do a bear hunt up there and again do a caribue hunt in the earlly fall.
Ole headed back home after a few days of muzzle loader hunting.Sounds like he is going to go down to florida and will not be back untill mid to late jan.
Tonyboy called and said he is free if I need him this winter .It would be nice to have him up so hopfully the weekends start to fill up so I can bring him up to help. Last year was a eye opener for the greek and he had enough. Plus he has made a 10 year committment to alaska so any one wants me to hook them up just shoot me a email or check out his website
naturesventures.com
I'll keep everyone posted as I watch the activity on the lake pick up. Were still quite aways from any thing close to good ice. There will be a few locals that wet a line and I'm sure dr Phil will want to walk out and wet a line when he gets back in town. I have started a new list for him so he will be quite busy when he gets back with the sleds and fleet of lake trucks.
Buck
Spinner

PostPosted: Sat Dec 04, 2010 12:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

good luck this season Cookie and hope you get the dates filled up. Should see you up there this year as I hope to get up there more than I did last year. We did so well here locally that we had a hard time prying ourselves from the hot spots here.

Buck
cookie
Master Angler

PostPosted: Sun Dec 05, 2010 7:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Buck.
The ice condition are improving from what I here. I still have not ventued on the ice and have never been the first one on the ice or have any desire to be the first one. The last thing I want to do is encourage any one from venturing out on thin ice. A fish just is not worth the risk to me. Mother nature will do fine with out me poking around.
There were a few fishermen yesterday but they were staying close to shore. Tyler did find a couple keeepers but he is always one of the first to wet a line. Oh to be young again.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Minnesota Fishing and Minnesota Resorts Forum Index -> Upper Red Lake Ice Fishing Reports All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: