Minnesota Fishing and Minnesota Resorts Forum Index  
Minnesota Fishing and Minnesota Resorts
Fishing Reports, Tips, Resorts and Classifieds
  |Search |Usergroups  |Register 
The month that never was.....
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Minnesota Fishing and Minnesota Resorts Forum Index -> Cass Lake Fishing Reports
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ffishman
Master Angler

PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2010 8:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The article said its the largest musky ever caught, photo, and released.
Col Ron, Guide

PostPosted: Thu Nov 11, 2010 12:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I didn't get the big buck in the area (16 point, the ranger had pictures of it) but I did manage a 4 year old doe, already have the sausage and bologna made, tastes great.

The weather in Southern Ill was fantastic for deer hunting, highs in the 50's, lows in the 30's, just right for a change and not a drop of rain. Giant City Lodge still one of the best places to eat genuine cooking from the south.

Another season, another sport down for the year,

Ron
MuskyMark
Master Angler

PostPosted: Fri Nov 12, 2010 8:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds like a good trip Ron. Can't beat the meat either. I'm almost at the point where I'm going to put the boat away for the winter and pick up the scatter-gun. Been training my puppy pretty hard this summer and fall. I think he's ready to bust some pheasants! We'll know in the next couple weeks.
Col Ron, Guide

PostPosted: Fri Nov 12, 2010 8:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I sure miss that. 30 years ago a group of us use to pheasant hunt just west and north of Addison, and another spot was out by Sycamore. We managed to shoot one or two each trip, now the area is all houses. I couldn't even tell you where we were. I try to get out 3 or 4 times a year, down to Iroquois County game preserve. A decent place where we don't draw too many folks from Chicago who take there gun out once a year. The preserve is only about 30 minutes away from our place. As you know almost all the natural habitat is gone.

Have fun with the pup, we just got a new Boston Terrier(now have two),, I don't think she will ever be a pointer....

Ron
MuskyMark
Master Angler

PostPosted: Fri Nov 12, 2010 9:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's definitely not what it used to be. Probably said this on here before, but my hunting was really curtailed 2 years ago when I lost permission to hunt on prime piece of land that I'd hunted on for over 20 years. Great spot. Would take at least 3 hours or more to really hunt it thoroughly. It had everything for pheasants. Even ran into a rare covey of Huns out there one year. Anyhow, the son took over the farm, had his friends move in, and the old crew (us) got "moved out." That's how it is. Now I have one or two decent spots left out in the Sycamore/Kirkland area. Just glad as heck I still have ANY private land left to hunt.

Great that you got another pup. They're a lot of fun. I think mine is showing a lot of great signs as a good bird dog too. Listens well, retrieves well, great nose, enthusiastic. Just gotta make sure I don't messd any of that up! Laughing

If I get out in the next couple weeks, I post some pictures. Hopefully of the pup with his first bird in his mouth! Wink
ffishman
Master Angler

PostPosted: Fri Nov 12, 2010 6:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Years ago a buddy of mine moved out to Hoffman estates. After he lived there a while he tells me we have to go pheasant hunting there. No more than a 5 minute drive we were hunting pheasants on this beautiful piece of property. Now, its all home and a strip mall. Ah, progress!!!!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Minnesota Fishing and Minnesota Resorts Forum Index -> Cass Lake Fishing Reports All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: