Minnesota Fishing and Minnesota Resorts Forum Index  
Minnesota Fishing and Minnesota Resorts
Fishing Reports, Tips, Resorts and Classifieds
  |Search |Usergroups  |Register 
crappie hunt

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Minnesota Fishing and Minnesota Resorts Forum Index -> Upper Red Lake Ice Fishing Reports
View previous topic :: View next topic  
cookie
Master Angler

PostPosted: Sat Feb 13, 2010 8:46 am    Post subject: crappie hunt Reply with quote

Hi Harry,
The agenda will be all most the same as last year. Friday I will be busy checking in and welcoming any customers. Saturday morning we will all meet and caravan out to the area I have Utah. We will pepper the area and serve coneys and fish chowder from the house. It also has a outhouse just in case.
Bring your own beverages. We will spnd the day on the ice and search for the mother load as a group. Last year we all got seperated and John and Spense found the mother load and forgot to share so we will all have to keep a eye on those two. Saturday eve I would like to meet at westwind for a cocktail and deal up the poker hands to see who wins the gifts/prizes. The plan is to go out of beacon harbor and work the north shore. Beacon harbor will have a 10 charge for accessing there road I imagine. Jeffs fire did put a damper on things last year so lets hope everything goes well this year. Did that awnser a few of your questions?
Harry
BaitCaster

PostPosted: Sat Feb 13, 2010 8:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cookie: thanks, Ben and I are planning to come up to join you!!
cookie
Master Angler

PostPosted: Wed Feb 17, 2010 7:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

james and Krista headed home yesterday with 7 or 8 walleyes and Krista landed a elusive but still catchable upper red lake crappie. jrs has reported catching 4 or 5 crapppies a night and I sure would like to see a pic of that. We are only about two miles from center bar and may venture out that far if time permits. beacon harbor has a pic of some guys that found 6 of the elusive upper red lake crappies. The greek is headed over there this morning as Dean may have some windows he needs to upgrade.
We will be moving the rest of the houses out past 6 miles today and tomorrow. The greek will be fishing with Everett the kid he/we mentor from duluth. Bill and his crew roll in today and Lue and his buddy are in the cabin for a couple of days.
Moving houses yesterday was quite the chore and I willl have to have part time help starting next year. i was able to move Idaho and california I also moved montana out of its spot but need to move it out to 6 miles today.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Minnesota Fishing and Minnesota Resorts Forum Index -> Upper Red Lake Ice Fishing Reports All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: