Minnesota Fishing and Minnesota Resorts Forum Index  
Minnesota Fishing and Minnesota Resorts
Fishing Reports, Tips, Resorts and Classifieds
  |Search |Usergroups  |Register 
june trip
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Minnesota Fishing and Minnesota Resorts Forum Index -> Cass Lake Fishing Reports
View previous topic :: View next topic  
wallys
SpinCaster

PostPosted: Sun Feb 14, 2010 11:59 am    Post subject: june trip Reply with quote

can i get some info on chippewa pines..do they sell bait? fish house conditions? i know it can get wavey on certain days at the dock, but looking for quick access to kitchi as well. good place to stay overall?
ffishman
Master Angler

PostPosted: Sun Feb 14, 2010 12:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Never been there, so I don't know what to tell ya. But there is a place between Kitchi and Cass that may suit you. I've never stayed there but Musky Mark stays there a lot. They also have a great bar and food, and it is protected from the wind and waves. It gives you easy access to Cass or Kitchi. Musky Mark can give you a lot of the details.
gene
Master Angler

PostPosted: Sun Feb 14, 2010 5:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ff is right...MM stays at Pike Hole....good loc to hit both Cass and Kitchi and under real wavy conditions on either also offers good protected fishing opps in the river between the two.

What part of June you gonna be up?
wallys
SpinCaster

PostPosted: Mon Feb 15, 2010 8:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

june 12-19th. i tried the pike hole resort--full that week. we've been to cass the last few years, but would like to get closer kitchi access while still having our fav spots on cass nearby...luv pug hole and the river between..great trolling action for everything in the lake..
looking for a pine cabin this year for the newcomers(their request)..chippewa looks like a good location, but we could always travel up from bv. i cant get bv to call me or answer an e-mail?? r they closed for the season?
come on spring, this snow stuff has ran its course for the year..june countdowns
ffishman
Master Angler

PostPosted: Mon Feb 15, 2010 8:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Some years ago there used to be a resort on Kitchi. Don't know if its still there or not. You may want to check that out.
gene
Master Angler

PostPosted: Mon Feb 15, 2010 10:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

2 resorts I know on Kitchi...both on the N / NE shore. Kitchi Landing and now I am embarrased 'cause after a six pack I can't remember the other which I have stayed at about 4 times....oh yeah, Lost Acres Resort. Lost Acres is about as far away from BV as you can get but a great loc if you fish Kitchi heavily.
And BVilla is my home resort, so keep calling Kari and tell her Gene says "please return my email"....they are pretty much closed up for winter so keep tryin' 'cause I know we got our reservations set now---one week before you.
MuskyMark
Master Angler

PostPosted: Tue Feb 16, 2010 11:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd also recommend Kitchi Landing too (if you like fishing Kitchi, and Pike Hole is booked up). It's on the far north side of Kitchi, but it's a nice place, they've got a cool little bar, and the owners are nice as hell.

One other option, smaller resort (if it's still open). Andersons. It's sort of right behind Pike Hole on the same hill. But they do have pier access to the river.

Regardless, hope you find something soon.

Mark
wallys
SpinCaster

PostPosted: Wed Feb 17, 2010 3:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks MM. I did not know an Andersons' existed. I will give them a try this week.
wallys
SpinCaster

PostPosted: Fri Feb 19, 2010 10:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

anyone want to give opinion on fishin pug hole. i know no one wants to give "secret spots" or overcrowd the spot with hot posts. I am just looking for some general info. seems the current from cass to kitchi through the turtle river would be a natural attraction to walleyes.
I know the current flow and deep drops, where the weed line and deeper holes are--all great spots for fish, but really been lean on number of walleyes taken the last couple of years. Caught alot of everything else, but walleyes seem to be sparse. any thoughts or advice to turn on the wallys in mid-june?
Grouch
Angler

PostPosted: Fri Feb 19, 2010 10:53 am    Post subject: June fishing Reply with quote

Fish early morning, late evening and nights.
gene
Master Angler

PostPosted: Sun Feb 21, 2010 12:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

and if Grouch's idea don't work, try every time in between.

To paraphrase my barber, who asked when is a good time to go fishing?

ANYTIME!
wallys
SpinCaster

PostPosted: Sun Feb 21, 2010 9:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

definately will try different times to fish this area...its hard to leave "the favs" at prime time, but definately will fish this area. any suggestions in pug for pre-dawn fishing? bar seems the place to be(sand not pike hole), but deep drops have produced more fish in the past. id like to see more weed growth by mid june, but cant control the spring temps. Come on spring...
gene
Master Angler

PostPosted: Sun Feb 21, 2010 3:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wallys,

We'll be there the week before....got lots of spots in the River for multi-species to try jus' all depends on weather you know. Some are gill spots, some rockies, some crappie, some walters, some pike. We usually can pull several keepers but have never run into any real honey-holes. We usually fish it on our way into/out of Kitchi, and when Cass is too windy/wavy.

You can email me at genegodawa at hotmail dot com and we'll share ideas for Pug -- nothing guaranteed, but we have tried several areas over the last 30+ and on diff trips we have found some go-to spots for various species to get some action.

Ever gone up into Little Rice?
MuskyMark
Master Angler

PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2010 11:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I love Pug Hole. Mostly because it's so close to our place. But the fishing there can be pretty sporadic. Had some years where we thought we were dialed in to the walleyes... and other years not so much. It really depends on water levels/current conditions and weed growth (which correlates with water temps). If the weeds are more well developed, we seem to pattern the walleyes easier, and do better in the morning and evening/dark. Esp. in front of the pike hole (off the current), or at the mouth (esp. if the wind is out of the south). During the day, we'll pick them up sporadically all along the eastern shore. Wherever there are points and/or good weeds. But we've never been really consistent. Pick up a couple one day, then none the next. More numbers in Cass or Kitchi from my experience.

But still fun to fish it. Esp. if the winds are pounding the bigger lakes! And SO close to cold beer access. Mmmmm. Cool
ffishman
Master Angler

PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2010 11:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dang, I've got to stop visiting this site. With us not going this year its getting real hard to read these posts about Walleyes and beer.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Minnesota Fishing and Minnesota Resorts Forum Index -> Cass Lake Fishing Reports All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: