Minnesota Fishing and Minnesota Resorts Forum Index  
Minnesota Fishing and Minnesota Resorts
Fishing Reports, Tips, Resorts and Classifieds
  |Search |Usergroups  |Register 
Talking about red baron and blue thunder

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Minnesota Fishing and Minnesota Resorts Forum Index -> Upper Red Lake Ice Fishing Reports
View previous topic :: View next topic  
cookie
Master Angler

PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2010 12:30 pm    Post subject: Talking about red baron and blue thunder Reply with quote

Whats a guy to do it seem that when I mentioned the trucks by there names we run in to trouble. I think its just the nature of the beast of upper red lake. The red baron just left here on a flat bed as the tranny is not working right after 2 rebuilds. I have not even gave it a good work out Question Blue thunder has some bolts that are sheared off and one that is stripped all holding on the left side of the plow. We still have utah and california to move so will be see what I can do with blue thunder in a minute. The greek had a wheel come off his ford and I have not nicked name that truck as of yet. the dodge truck lost drive the second day on the lake. The little ered truck that could has a worn out cluth but I will still drive it on the warmer day suntill it will not go into gear. Don may be bringing me another truck so we will see if that pans out. Gotta go lay under the truck now Crying or Very sad
GORDONE
SpinCaster

PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2010 2:19 pm    Post subject: WHAT A DRAG Reply with quote

ITS NOT LIKE I SEE YA GOIN 30 MPH ACCROSS THE LAKE TOWIN OLE MINNESOTA AROUND.SEEMS TOU ALWAYS PUT PUT AROUND LIKE THE LIL OLE LADYS IN RUSH HOUR TRAFFIC DOWN HERE IN THE CITIES.WELL GOOD LUCK
cookie
Master Angler

PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2010 3:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes I learned from the best slow and patiant. Take your time don't be in a hurry. It 's just the nature of the beast we put these trucks through the ringer and I care about then enough to give them names. It can be so brutal out there its hard to explain.
Buck
Spinner

PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2010 10:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cookie, sure hope your luck turns around with your trucks. My plow truck takes a lot of maintenance and TLC when possible. My opinion is a little care and a little extra time and it'll make me a dime. (Instead costing me a fortune if I ignore it.)

You'll have to name the Greeks truck 3-Wheeler or 3x4 since his wheel fell off Laughing

Good luck!

Buck
cookie
Master Angler

PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2010 10:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Buck thanks for the laugh . Three wheel. I like it. Three wheels clutch is not doing so well and I do not expect it to make it through the winter, Blue thunders plow is all bolted back together and ready for round two. The red baron is at the shop and we may see it towards the end of next week but we will see.
The greeks dodge is limping around in first gear
Magnum Mike
SpinCaster

PostPosted: Fri Jan 15, 2010 8:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think you should bolt up a plow to that dark colored suburban. I'm sure Greek won't mind.
fish.whisperer

PostPosted: Fri Jan 15, 2010 10:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes cookie.....I am bringing up the truck. Don't know how much help it will be....only two wheel drive, but it's a solid truck! See ya in a few days!
cookie
Master Angler

PostPosted: Sat Jan 16, 2010 5:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You are funny magum mike. I was smart and left the burb in alaska.
Magnum Mike
SpinCaster

PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2010 9:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would say very smart.
shaky legs 2
SpinCaster

PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2010 12:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cookie - with all the trouble you have had keeping Blue Thunder running over the years, maybe you should rename it "Blue Blunder" Smile
cookie
Master Angler

PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2010 5:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Blue thunder has worked his tail off and is still a great truck, They take a beating out there. It be great to have a newer truck but atleast I can repair most things on blue thunder where as newer trucks need to go to a dealer or mechanic.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Minnesota Fishing and Minnesota Resorts Forum Index -> Upper Red Lake Ice Fishing Reports All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: