Minnesota Fishing and Minnesota Resorts Forum Index  
Minnesota Fishing and Minnesota Resorts
Fishing Reports, Tips, Resorts and Classifieds
  |Search |Usergroups  |Register 
Finally signed up

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Minnesota Fishing and Minnesota Resorts Forum Index -> Upper Red Lake Ice Fishing Reports
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Trader Brad
SpinCaster

PostPosted: Fri Dec 11, 2009 9:16 am    Post subject: Finally signed up Reply with quote

Hi Cookie I finally signed up to this site so I could give you my reports from the mighty Red directly from the Traders mouth! I was on my lake yesterday for my first trip out on 3". I had a few sniffers but didn't catch anything. Slabby and I hope to get the castle up to Rogers on the 17th if there driving out by than. I'll keep you informed on the action on the south end !
cookie
Master Angler

PostPosted: Fri Dec 11, 2009 11:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

welcome aboard Brad. That be great to here some honest reports from that end of the lake. I will make it a point to swing in a say hello this winter. There is another access that will be opening down there. Allmost on the reservation line if I'm not mistaken. I hope your not offended by the nick name but being its your screen name I think were cool. I will plan on taking you fishing in the boat next summer when I see you fishing at the hatchery
Harry
BaitCaster

PostPosted: Fri Dec 11, 2009 1:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Trader Brad..you must be going to use the new access close to our property. It will be nice to hear some reports from our side of the lake. I know this time of year a person doesn't need to go out very far on the south side to catch walleyes. I think next weekend we will be up.
Trader Brad
SpinCaster

PostPosted: Fri Dec 11, 2009 2:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Were good cookie I needed an internet name and you came up with a good one! Maybe this summer when cateyes and myself are up there we'll hop in your boat! Where would that new access be west of JR's?? I'm sure I'll check it out, I'd also like to touch base with Chad Benson and your more than welcome in the castle any time!
cat eyes
BaitCaster

PostPosted: Fri Dec 11, 2009 11:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WELCOME TO INVO TRADER BRAD GLAD TO HAVE TO YOU ON BOARD.IF THE TRADER EVER STRECHES THE TRUTH I WILL BE THERE TO CORRECT HIM COOKIE. Laughing
cookie
Master Angler

PostPosted: Sat Dec 12, 2009 8:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey cateyes you do that. Hard to trust someone named trader brad Very Happy Not sure but I heard chad will be using that new access. This time of year you hear alll kinds of rumors of where everyone is going out of and where they will be fishing. Its like a giant chess match out there. I've heard all kinds of crazy things this year but will not repeat them until i see it for myself
Trader Brad
SpinCaster

PostPosted: Sat Dec 12, 2009 9:04 pm    Post subject: south shore Reply with quote

I just got home from fishing the south shore west of JR's access I guess Chad Benson and Jerry from the Saum store are going to use this access this year. There's a ridge about 50 yards from shore that we crossed with the 4 wheeler ,than we went out to the 8 to 9 foot range to fish. Helmetguy was with me it was slow we caught a 12" and 14" walleye that we released and I had a 6 to 8# northern to the bottom of the hole and he got off! there was 11" of ice were we fished !
cookie
Master Angler

PostPosted: Sun Dec 13, 2009 7:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the report trader brad. Is there room down there for me or should I stay where I'm at? There was quite a bit of activity on this end of the lake. I did here of a 41 inch pike caught yesterday. There s 3 or 4 ice castle type houses on the lake that were hauled out with 4 wheelers
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Minnesota Fishing and Minnesota Resorts Forum Index -> Upper Red Lake Ice Fishing Reports All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: