Minnesota Fishing and Minnesota Resorts Forum Index  
Minnesota Fishing and Minnesota Resorts
Fishing Reports, Tips, Resorts and Classifieds
  |Search |Usergroups  |Register 
Any luck MM
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Minnesota Fishing and Minnesota Resorts Forum Index -> Cass Lake Fishing Reports
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Col Ron, Guide

PostPosted: Wed Nov 18, 2009 4:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ff:

Got room for me?

Col Ron
ffishman
Master Angler

PostPosted: Wed Nov 18, 2009 9:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Always room for you Ron.
MuskyMark
Master Angler

PostPosted: Fri Nov 20, 2009 2:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Think I'm taking the boat (and the kids) out tomorrow on the Chain. Probably the last time this year for the boat. Need to winterize and put her in storage until spring.

From then on, I hope to wade the Fox River this winter. See if I can crack that nut. Too close not to! And of course, still haven't even dusted off the ol' pea-shooter to go after pheasants.

So that's my report for the week. If I do any good this weekend, I'll throw down with a photo or two. Lets hope! Cool
Bob Thompson
Angler

PostPosted: Fri Nov 20, 2009 4:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"From then on, I hope to wade the Fox River this winter"

Mark, I used to love to wade the Fox in fall down between Millington amd Millbrooke for fly by ducks and geese. Even built a blind on one of the islands sand bars and would shoot some calling them in to decoys. Great fun; then walk the fields for Ringnecks and bunnies. Great memories.

Watch out for the holes though, I filled my waders several times chasing downed birds, no dog, and had to hike to the truck for a warmup and a cup of hot chocolate. Fun!!!

Have fun my friend, winters no time to constantly watch TV. Out to the desert for me soon to chase some sage hens. Bob
ffishman
Master Angler

PostPosted: Sat Nov 21, 2009 9:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Mark, don't forget they are lowering the Chain to winter pool levels. The chain is shallow as it is, you don't want to wipe out the lower unit on your new boat. Be careful
MuskyMark
Master Angler

PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2009 8:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thos sound look good days Bob. Wish those opportunities existed for me in the Elgin area.... but I won't hold my breath! I keep telling myself I need to spend more time on the water closest to my home, but for some reason I always come up with excuses. Maybe this winter will be different and I'll actually catch a muskie from the river!

Took the boat out on saturday. With the kids. Did some fishing, but mostly just ran it around to move the Stabil thru the motor. Talked to one buddy who'd boated a 41 on a sucker, but we didn't see any fish ourselves. Kids loved the boat though. The chain was pretty low, so we took it easy. Now I'm trying to decide I really want to put it away just yet! Very Happy

Waiting for some colder weather before I go looking for birds. Just can't do it when it's in the 50s! Bob, if you knock any birds down... post a couple pics! Would love to see how they look! Later.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Minnesota Fishing and Minnesota Resorts Forum Index -> Cass Lake Fishing Reports All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: