Minnesota Fishing and Minnesota Resorts Forum Index  
Minnesota Fishing and Minnesota Resorts
Fishing Reports, Tips, Resorts and Classifieds
  |Search |Usergroups  |Register 
Spent a little time in the bwca

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Minnesota Fishing and Minnesota Resorts Forum Index -> Upper Red Lake Ice Fishing Reports
View previous topic :: View next topic  
cookie
Master Angler

PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2009 7:51 am    Post subject: Spent a little time in the bwca Reply with quote

last sunday I met our friend Lee of the Mystry dinner theater and we journied up the gunflint trail to do a little fishing and camping. We had to battle mother nature with some cooler temps and rain but we survied. Lee loves the area and I could see why. We manged to catch enough fish for a meal with a few pike and smallies mixed in. I lost a big fish and would assume it was a pike. With the crystal clear water peppered with islands it was very peaceful place. We enjoyed a nice campfire everynight and lee did a great job cooking us supper.
Leebo
Spinner

PostPosted: Thu Oct 08, 2009 3:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yep. It was a great few days. Been on that lake for 20 years and never seen wind like we had that Monday. That fish had to have been 15 lbs. plus. Probably was a Northern, but I have caught some nice trout off that structure too. That time of year, in 30-40 fow it really could be anything. Hopefully Cookie, we'll get you up there next year in some more pleasant weather.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Minnesota Fishing and Minnesota Resorts Forum Index -> Upper Red Lake Ice Fishing Reports All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: