Minnesota Fishing and Minnesota Resorts Forum Index  
Minnesota Fishing and Minnesota Resorts
Fishing Reports, Tips, Resorts and Classifieds
  |Search |Usergroups  |Register 
Late Fall Trip to Cass

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Minnesota Fishing and Minnesota Resorts Forum Index -> Cass Lake Fishing Reports
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MuskyMark
Master Angler

PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2009 7:36 am    Post subject: Late Fall Trip to Cass Reply with quote

Hey people. Think I've finally narrowed down when I'm going to Cass this fall. Oct 28 thru Nov 1st. I've never been up there that late in the fall before. I've fished in wind and snow flurries up there before (in mid Oct)... so I'll be prepared for some "weather." But who out there has any advice/tips for that timeframe.

We'll only be fishing for muskies/pike. Though I've heard you can troll up some really big walleyes during this time too! Kind of excited to try a new timeframe up there! Shocked Thanks.

Mark
ffishman
Master Angler

PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2009 7:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't forget your ice skates.
MuskyMark
Master Angler

PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2009 8:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DOH! Shocked Hope not. With the way this weather has been going, it could either be icing up... or we'll be in some unusual streak of warm weather. I'll be ready for anything weather wise. (except hard water!).
Bob Thompson
Angler

PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2009 1:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would love to do that time of the year Mark, but its just too hard for this old body and my wifes to be comfortable enough to enjoy it very much. That seems to be the best time of the year for big baits and big fish. Hope we can beat you to a couple which, if we do, will be back in the water awaiting your great skills. The big boys should be eating well to stock up for the long winter and might just be be back in shallower water for you. Kinda of hard to entice them up from 40 ft. in Aug./Sept. Early and late fishing for us at that time of the year for the Skies. I should have a report for you before you go. Bob
Nevadafisherman
BaitCaster

PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2009 9:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey MM,

I am hoping to get a second trip on the books for next year and make it for the fall (2010). Let me know what you think of the fishing at that late in the season. I want to get up and go after my first ever muskie and I hear that is the best time to do that.

Tim
MuskyMark
Master Angler

PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2009 1:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll be looking forward to your report Bob! Hope you run in to a couple big dawgs this year. They might be up shallower than you think this year. Shocked And I'll write a good report for you Tim. Pretty curious to how it will be myself. Especially this year with the really strange weather in the upper midwest. I have no idea what to expect. All I know is that, traditionally, the colder and nastier it's been when we go in October... the better we've done! Probably not a sure thing, but we'll find out!

I do now that we'll take turns sitting it out and fishing with a sucker most of the time too. So far, it's been worth sitting in the cold and dragging meat when we go in October. Hope this year is more of the same.

Mark
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Minnesota Fishing and Minnesota Resorts Forum Index -> Cass Lake Fishing Reports All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: