Minnesota Fishing and Minnesota Resorts Forum Index  
Minnesota Fishing and Minnesota Resorts
Fishing Reports, Tips, Resorts and Classifieds
  |Search |Usergroups  |Register 
Guiding and lodging

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Minnesota Fishing and Minnesota Resorts Forum Index -> Upper Red Lake Ice Fishing Reports
View previous topic :: View next topic  
cookie
Master Angler

PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2009 8:26 am    Post subject: Guiding and lodging Reply with quote

Its getting that time of year as we wait for the ice to go out.
I spent a day cleaning and waxing the boat "Imagine that" after our day of fishing on the rainy river.
We will again be guiding so if you do not own a boat you can still wet a line on upper red lake. May and June can have some awesome fishing.
We have some lodging the last weekend in May and every weekend in June. Depending on availblility I can offer free lodging with guided trips. Everyone likes free. I can also offer some type of deal midweek stay two nights and get the third free. 218 556 6197
cookie
Master Angler

PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2009 10:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just came up from the lake and at this time it open water as far as you can see? It looks cold though.
cookie
Master Angler

PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2009 6:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

With such a beautiful day yesterday One of our local guides Tyler from Bearpaw managed to catch two of the elusive but still catcheble upper red lake crappies. Way to go Tyler. From the looks of it he had the whole lake to himself. The crappie will have to wait for me though as after cutting wood with Gary I was in no shape to get out there.
angler12345

PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2009 4:03 pm    Post subject: place to stay Reply with quote

I'm really hoping to go up to red lake for opener. Everywhere I call is booked. Any suggestion?
ruger1
Spinner

PostPosted: Mon May 04, 2009 6:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Angler, Call Mort's Dock and sweet talk them. They've hooked me up and I've seen them do it for others in a pinch. Of course all we wanted was a place to set up a tent or two.

Don't even waste the time to call Roger's. They have the worst customer service I've ever seen. Terrible people to deal with, especially the woman.

Go to Mort's. They are great people and will do their best to make sure you are happy. Just my experiences.
ruger1
Spinner

PostPosted: Mon May 04, 2009 4:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Angler, just like I said. A buddy of mine called Mort's today and got a spot. Give Mort's a try, you won't regret it!
angler12345

PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2009 2:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks.... I will try. I don't have a tent so I'm looking for something with a roof. Doesn't need to be fancy, just want a place to crash. Is it on the lake?
cookie
Master Angler

PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2009 6:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey angler 12345 I sent youa pm. Give me a call I may know of a place with a roof for ya. 218 556 6197
angler12345

PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2009 11:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cookie,
I'm new to this, what is a pm. With my work schedule it's hard to call during normal hours. Can you shoot me the info to my email please? angler12345@hotmail.com
thanks
GORDONE
SpinCaster

PostPosted: Thu May 07, 2009 9:17 am    Post subject: PM? Reply with quote

PM = PREMENSTRAL SYNDROM
LOL
PM = PRIVATE MESSAGE
cookie
Master Angler

PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2009 7:45 am    Post subject: Not to bad of a weekend Reply with quote

Frank and Turk rolled in friday morning .As the wind was out of the southeast they were able to motor out and catch some fish right away. They fished for a few hours and managed 11 walleyes ,one sheephead. They were able to get 5 keepers and came in just as the winds switched and it started to get ugly out there. I had spent part of the morning cleaning up the messs from the high water and winds last week down on our beach. When the winds really stated to howl I walked down to the lake to another huge mess of reeeds scattered all over are lawn. Darn mother nature even have to battle her in the spring.
Rocky and Rachel spent a few days here fishing wednesday through sunday morning with tyler. Thursday morning they had to fish the river as the wind kept them off the lake.It was cold but they managed to catch a dozen fish in the river. Rocky may of gotten a little frost bite on his finger as it was that cold. Thursday eve the wind died down and they were able to go out and fish the lake. Rachel had the hot hand and caught quite a few fish. They were able to have two fish meals while they were here and I assume they took a couple home with them.
The wind kept us off the lake saturday so Jonnyboy,Jake and I fished the river for a bit and managed one keeper and 2 that were to big again it was a little cold . After breakfast we went and checked out all the ditches that run into redlake up on the north shore and man is there some water running into redlake from the bog. I came back home and they went up to Hudecs to see if they could fish in Donny's harbor. We had crappie dinner saturday night as the boys managed to catch 4 for a meal and released 3 that they thought may of been females.
After dinner they went back up there and managed two more.
Brian and Lindsy were a no show and I was a little dissepointed they did not even call. Even though it work out they should of called if they were not coming. 6 guys that were having a blast fishing at westwind and camping came back to find mother nature had claimed there tents. Westwind gave them my number and I was able to set them up for the night now hoping that brian and lindsy would not show up.
Sunday the weathermen missed there mark as it was beautifll on the lake. Jonny Jake and I fished untill they had there 4 apiece to take home. We caught about 20 fish . The water was quite stirred up but we managed to find some keepers. There were quite a few boats out there some were jigging while others were bobber fishing.The last sandbar was the ticket for most as we saw numerous fishermen setting the hook. Frank and Turk also did real well and headed home with tere 8 fish. They are coming back with a big group next weekend and camping down on our lake shore. they are quite the group as they have been here before and alot of fun to have a round. I will head down to the lake again and clean up hoping that with the high water we do not have those incredible winds again. All in all it was a great weekend got to spnd some quality time with my oldest son and Jake. We enjoyed are day on the lake and they went home with a few fish
slabby
BaitCaster

PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2009 7:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cookie
are you renting your cabins this summer?
I recommended and gave your phone # to a couple guys coming up around the 15th(a few days after doug retires) Smile
I think they will be looking for a spot to stay for probably 2 nites.
cookie
Master Angler

PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2009 9:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks slabby Yes we still rent the cabins
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Minnesota Fishing and Minnesota Resorts Forum Index -> Upper Red Lake Ice Fishing Reports All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: