Minnesota Fishing and Minnesota Resorts Forum Index  
Minnesota Fishing and Minnesota Resorts
Fishing Reports, Tips, Resorts and Classifieds
  |Search |Usergroups  |Register 
agassiz lodge

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Minnesota Fishing and Minnesota Resorts Forum Index -> Upper Red Lake Ice Fishing Reports
View previous topic :: View next topic  
cat eyes
BaitCaster

PostPosted: Sun Mar 22, 2009 8:02 pm    Post subject: agassiz lodge Reply with quote

cookie can you update us on what happened?im reading that jeffs place burnt down is he ok? any info would be much appreciated let him know me and brad are thinking of him and hoping he can get through these tough times again. good luck scott
cookie
Master Angler

PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2009 6:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not sure what happen other then he got a call when we were fishing that his place was on fire? I just do not get it. I think he is a little distraut. I had 35 fishermen with me and had to somehow host them with this on the back of my mind. He is with his family in blackduck as far as I know at this time. He was up yesterday with his brothers getting his houses off the lake and I did not get to talk to him as I was also getting my houses off the lake. It's a dirty shame that this can happen again. Once I talk to him I will give you a update on his next step.
Buck
Spinner

PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2009 8:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If I remember correctly didn't his lodge burn down about 3 or 4 years ago? Sure seems odd, does he have someone out to get him or are these just freak accidents?

Buck
wwcoinc
SpinCaster

PostPosted: Tue Mar 24, 2009 9:00 am    Post subject: Anything new? Reply with quote

I wondered if anyone has heard anything more about Jeff at Agassiz. I sent him an E Mail expressing my sympothy, but I don't really expect a response. A group of us have rented ice houses from him the past couple of years. And I have always found him to be a friendly, hard working person. Even though we always end up on Red when the fishing is slow, and the weather extreme, we always have a real good time.
Aaron
slabby
BaitCaster

PostPosted: Tue Mar 24, 2009 11:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hopefully Jeff will land on his feet once again. That's a really tuff deal and wish Jeff all the best
wwcoinc
SpinCaster

PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2009 8:16 pm    Post subject: Thanks Reply with quote

Thanks for the update cookie
Aaron
cookie
Master Angler

PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2009 9:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Its really hard for me to say what may of happened. They are looking at the wood stove and the power tools, chargers that may of been plugged in. I spent a few minutes with Jeff yesterday and the guy just never stops amazing me. His top priorty at this time is to find some work. We did not talk about if he would attemp to rebuild. I offered our cabin as a home base . Cleaning up the mess is one thing that will need to be done and once a date is set I will let every one know.
He did mention getting a dumpster and maybe getting some donations for that when the time comes.
He also has some logs that he said he could cut up into siding to sell. Jeff's not the type to ask for anything or anyones help.
Wishiniwasfishin

PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2009 9:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Doesn't Jeff at Agassiz have insurance? How can you not have insurance after this happened once already? I have met Jeff before and he's a good guy, but I just can't understand his methods. Hopefully it all ends well for him.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Minnesota Fishing and Minnesota Resorts Forum Index -> Upper Red Lake Ice Fishing Reports All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: