Minnesota Fishing and Minnesota Resorts Forum Index  
Minnesota Fishing and Minnesota Resorts
Fishing Reports, Tips, Resorts and Classifieds
  |Search |Usergroups  |Register 
March full moon

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Minnesota Fishing and Minnesota Resorts Forum Index -> Upper Red Lake Ice Fishing Reports
View previous topic :: View next topic  
onthepond
SpinCaster

PostPosted: Sat Feb 28, 2009 1:21 pm    Post subject: March full moon Reply with quote

I just talked to Cookie yesterday and will be fishing on the 10th and the 11th of March. That is the day before and the day of the full moon. I am inviting anyone who would like to, to join up with me and put together a key moon period and a little enthusiasm. I will do the majority of the work as I enjoy watching people catch fish and putting them on fish. The Upper red lake crappies are not gone, nor will they ever disappear completely. You just have to work for them, and yes you can still catch a limit of fish. And they are as big as they ever have been. Maybe Tyler could respond as I have yet to meet him, only heard good things and I like fishing with good fisherman. (that includes cookie) Would like the oppurtunity to meet some of the people who post on this site as I think you all are a good group and very entertaining.

Good luck fishing

Hope to see someone on the 10th and 11th?

Jacob
GORDONE
SpinCaster

PostPosted: Sat Feb 28, 2009 2:45 pm    Post subject: WHAT TIME & PLACE Reply with quote

NEED TO KNOW Rolling Eyes
onthepond
SpinCaster

PostPosted: Sat Feb 28, 2009 6:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I intend on leaving on tues am and plan on arriving in washish around 10 or so. Will be leaving from Mora and can meet up anywhere that is convienent will be traveling 169 north and can meet around mille lacs. You can email me direct at jgrabowski50@gmail.com

If you need a place to stay just ask cookie he can accomodate

Good luck fishing everyone

Jacob
onthepond
SpinCaster

PostPosted: Sun Mar 01, 2009 9:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is an open invite to everyone!
cookie
Master Angler

PostPosted: Mon Mar 02, 2009 7:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Jake I will be doing a little fishing and searching this week with the warmer weather. It sure would be nice to find a couple of crappies. It sure was quiet up here this last weekend.
onthepond
SpinCaster

PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2009 1:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know where the crappies are. Tuesday my friend, we'll go get a couple, hope to release a couple as well.

Good luck fishining everyone

Jacob
cookie
Master Angler

PostPosted: Wed Mar 04, 2009 7:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hey Jake as the season wines down it will be nice to wet a line with out worring about all the customers. Should be fun as my brother will be coming up from chicago on wednesday.
Yesterday was the first day I did not spend time on the lake. We were in bemidji most of the day. I willl be heading out later to check onthe houses and get california ready to move.
Monday was unbeleavbly quiet out there. A couple of the guides were plowing and fishing. Talk about having a lake to yourself.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Minnesota Fishing and Minnesota Resorts Forum Index -> Upper Red Lake Ice Fishing Reports All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: