Minnesota Fishing and Minnesota Resorts Forum Index  
Minnesota Fishing and Minnesota Resorts
Fishing Reports, Tips, Resorts and Classifieds
  |Search |Usergroups  |Register 
Still Breathing.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Minnesota Fishing and Minnesota Resorts Forum Index -> Cass Lake Fishing Reports
View previous topic :: View next topic  
carpy52
BaitCaster

PostPosted: Sat Feb 21, 2009 1:19 pm    Post subject: Still Breathing. Reply with quote

Dang its been boring around here, and then I get up this morning and lookie here 3 more inches of that white flaky stuff, ENGOUGH already.

Just got the computor back from the buddies shop, it caught a cold(Virus) and he can't figure it out. All the firewalls were in tack and he even tried to hack it and couldn't so it must have been one nasty one. I must have caught it the minute it got loaded because he said by shutting it down it was only in one section and he was able to knock it out without me losing to much. Did wind up costing me $80 for parts but it could have been much worst.

Have been keeping myself busy cleaning out tackle boxes and sharping some hooks and just going thru things. Stripped all the line so will be buying some cheap stuff for backer and some new line but trying to figure out what to get. So much new stuff on the shelfs, getting where you have to have a Phd. to figure it out. Still going with the XT for the river rigs for cats and stuff but the 6 lb stuff is stilll up in the air, any suggestions?

Had to replace a couple of tips also, seems someone closed the shed door and took a couple off. No one is owning up to it but hey stuff happenes. Does it really make that much a difference if you lose a inch or so off the tip? Even had to replace the cork on a couple of handles. Dang thats a messy job and got a buzz off the glue. Only stabbed myself 5 times sharping hooks, nothing serious but dang those tend to hurt the finger tips for a while.

Has anyone had a jar or Uncle Jos Pork frog go sour. I found a old one in the back of the shelf and when I opened it almost knocked me off my feet, combination of bad stinkbait and old jock strap. Wonder if I can use it for Cat fishing, have to use plastic gloves to bait the hook tho.

Oh, our Road Kill Deer freezers are staying full. Got 3 nice bucks this year one was a 10 pointer between Minooka and Morris and 2 were 8pointers. Alot of 4 and 6 and even a few button bucks. Alot of does too. Last estamite was about 1400lb of meat. Half has gone to shelters and we just did 300 of sasuage, half summer, half, breakfast. Shelter are takeing this reccession pretty hard and they love getting the meat we bring them. Hey gotta help out where we can.

Health wise been doing pretty good. Did have to have surgery on left knee, graceful me tripped going from carpet to tile and blew out the MCL and Madicus on the knee. Hour surgery and 2 week rehab and its coming along. Found out I am on Medicad now too, and have been since 07 and didn't know it. Only problem with that is now I am having to fight to get that nerve block stimulator put in and between them and the insurance I have they are fighting on who's going to pay for it. Hopefully they will get thier heads together and I can get it put in by the end of next month and it will lessen the pain in the right foot.

I agian want to thank you all for putting up with me and being so kind. Your good thoughts and prayers have gotten me through and your banter has kept me laughing. God Bless you all and I pray and hope that you all have good health, and long life,, for both you and your families.
Bob Thompson
Angler

PostPosted: Sat Feb 21, 2009 3:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Carpy, thanks for the "blessing". We all need as many of those as we can get. I'm kinda in the same boat as you. winter, snow, cold and trying to pass time until soft water. Could fish Trout in the nice low rivers, but a lot of snow to go through to get to our favorite stretches. I pass on that.

On the Uncle Josh; never had any go bad but I've gotton away from them, the salt mixture their in and the corroding everything they touch in favor of Power bait and Gulp as well as many brands of soft plastics like trailers.

On line, I like to use Power Pro braid for almost everything now. Really good for casting, which we do most of, trolling, the small diameter lets you get deeper, and when more or less still fishing, panfish, Walleyes, etc., I add 6 or 8 ft. of flourocarbon(sp) on the end to hide line. I've been using the same line for quite a few years and just rotating on the spools every year. For Walleyes I also use a fairly light tipped rod to aid in good hookups. No stretch with the braid.

Never any need to appoligize for letting us know how you are. At some time or another we will all have had our trying times.

Stay well and stay safe my friend. Always good to hear and read your fine inputs here. Check out my next post above for a little "passing time" fun fish. Bob
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Minnesota Fishing and Minnesota Resorts Forum Index -> Cass Lake Fishing Reports All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: