Minnesota Fishing and Minnesota Resorts Forum Index  
Minnesota Fishing and Minnesota Resorts
Fishing Reports, Tips, Resorts and Classifieds
  |Search |Usergroups  |Register 
2009 Opening Day
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Minnesota Fishing and Minnesota Resorts Forum Index -> Cass Lake Fishing Reports
View previous topic :: View next topic  
gene
Master Angler

PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2009 9:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Stayed at Pike Hole one year...had motor trouble so I had the cowl off at the pier and I was using a crescent wrench but the flywheel nut was so tight when I went to unscrew it I lost my grip and the wrench went overboard and so I went and put my swimsuit on then into the Turtle River but it was so cold I would not first go under.....used my feet to feel around and found it, but then had to go under to retrieve the wrench - froze my tushie off. Just imagine how much bigger my arse would be if I hadn't froze some of it off.

And the time my rod went overboard on Stony Pt and we tried casting and casting for it but no luck....so we go back and the resort owner's son gives us this big pipe about 5' long with huge treble hooks on it - which he said the volunteer fire dept on Cass used when trying to find dead bodies/drowning victims - but still no luck retrieving the rod.

And I hate it when I look overboard and down my sunglasses go - those mirror ones which I looked GREAT in - but not worth drowning for so they became STRUCTURE.

Bob, I still bring the coffee can and a sponge 'cause our 18' green rowboats at our resort been there before we started going to Cass 30+ ago.

BTW, ate these for dinner on SBowl Sunday - yum!
svendaguide
SpinCaster

PostPosted: Fri Feb 06, 2009 12:21 am    Post subject: Geano Reply with quote

Hey all you cass Lake Crazies. YOu gotta do your best to convince Gene to go back with me to Minnesota this June. Got a reservation again At birch villa, and we have room for one more guy. Geano needs to fill that spot. If he doesnt he cant join you guys for lunch at Pikes Hole. Now get on the web or as Geano puts it the down fall of society and talk him into it. You got like 100 days, Get busy, or else the lake will over flow with Panfish if Gene isnt there to help keep the numbers down. Come on Now I'm counting on all of you!
gene
Master Angler

PostPosted: Fri Feb 06, 2009 9:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sven,

I think you would have better luck if you enlist the aid of Kate.
indycubs
SpinCaster

PostPosted: Fri Feb 06, 2009 11:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i'd like to hear some of the cass lake's veterans best "fishing tales". let's hear some of those cass lake memories, anything to get us through february.

indycubs
Grouch
Angler

PostPosted: Fri Feb 06, 2009 1:39 pm    Post subject: Tall Tales Reply with quote

3 years ago, opening week, one of my group - Tom - caught a 17 lb. Musky. Ultra light rod, ultra light reel, 6 lb. test line. Took him 25 minutes to bring it to the net. This is no lie. I've got 3 witnesses who were in the boat.

Best part - he had heart problems just a couple of months before and we were worried aboout him getting too excited.

15 years ago, Asa caught a 25 lb. musky while trolling for walleyes. No lie here either. His son was in the boat with his video camera and filmed the whole thing from hook-up to finish. But that's one of the "should have seen that fish" stories. No big net in the boat so he tried to lift it in, 'nuff said.
indycubs
SpinCaster

PostPosted: Fri Feb 06, 2009 3:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

my best walleye story is when we were jig/minnow fishing on a sandy drop-off. we were into a school of keepers when all of sudden during "a routine 16"er", the rod bent to the water-drag giving out line. My partner fought that fish for 20 mins--we were able to see a swirl twice, but never saw the fish. line went slack, we thought it finally broke/cut the line(no leader)--reeled in a 16 inch walleye that was shredded from just behind the gills to the tail. Wish we could of just caught a glimpse of her.
Last year on Cass while fishing about 5-6 pm on a beautiful day--we noticed a pontoon coming straight towards our boat. the closer it got, the more noticable three lovely 20ish young ladies became apparant. well during their "flyby", they were gracious enough to show three pair of perfectly tan tah-tahs. Ahhhh..I love that pike hole bar/cass lake.

indycubs
p.s. to those lovely young ladies, we will be back in june...
ffishman
Master Angler

PostPosted: Fri Feb 06, 2009 5:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Talk about getting the bug. Weatherman just said that Tuesday it is suppose to be 60. Now that is fishing weather!!!!
clchamber
Spinner

PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2009 11:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So what's Gene's excuse for not coming in June?
ffishman
Master Angler

PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2009 11:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gene took so many rockies last year, that they need an extra year to recoup.
gene
Master Angler

PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2009 1:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Whaddaya think Kate?
It comes down to $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$
AND
that you are ignoring that post I wrote a while back where I practically invited myself to stay with you.

Actually, the timing with my nephew getting out of school combined with the lack of funds this year will make the Rockies (and LMB and NP and BG and P and Crappies) all very happy.
You might be the only one who is disappointed. We will see.

BTW,
Is it outta sight/outta mind or absence makes the heart grow fonder? I think anykind of good relationship should be based on the latter instead of the former---but I'm an optimist.
clchamber
Spinner

PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2009 2:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm sure everyone will miss you cause you seem to always be the funny one! With the economy the way it is I understand you not coming up. Maybe I'll actually find time to go fishing this summer so I can catch all the fish you should of. Maybe by a miracle you'll hit the lottery and then come up the whole summer! Ha Well I'll keep checking in case anything changes! Take care!
gene
Master Angler

PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2009 3:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm being hounded by Sven, my Cass fishing buddy of 30 yrs, to tag along with him and his Dad so who knows....it might happen...then its a date!
And if I do hit the lottery (and you were calling ME the funny one..), you just might take a real liking to me I bet.

Remember, first time for love, second time for money.
Or like I tell my daughter:
"It is just as easy to fall in love with a rich guy as it is a poor one"
ffishman
Master Angler

PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2009 6:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So gene, let me get this right. Your looking to fall in love with a rich guy??????
gene
Master Angler

PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2009 7:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

All I know for sure is that I am saving myself for marriage.
ffishman
Master Angler

PostPosted: Wed Feb 18, 2009 9:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So now you are asking Kate to marry you???????
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Minnesota Fishing and Minnesota Resorts Forum Index -> Cass Lake Fishing Reports All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: