Minnesota Fishing and Minnesota Resorts Forum Index  
Minnesota Fishing and Minnesota Resorts
Fishing Reports, Tips, Resorts and Classifieds
  |Search |Usergroups  |Register 
For all you dog lovers

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Minnesota Fishing and Minnesota Resorts Forum Index -> Cass Lake Fishing Reports
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Col Ron, Guide

PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2009 10:38 pm    Post subject: For all you dog lovers Reply with quote

One of my hunting partners is a well established Re/Max agent. He sends around a monthly newsletter to all his contacts which sometimes are interesting. In the last newletter, my friend had an article which quoted veterinary sources who stated, "Some foods can actually poison your pet. Be sure to avoid the following foods:

*Candy-any treat containing the artificial sweetener Xylitol can cause your pet's blood sugar to drop, leading to seizures and possibly death.

*Chocolate-Large quantities of chocolate, especially dark or baking chocolate is dangerous to both dogs and cats.

*Grapes and raisins-even a single serving of grapes and raisins is enough to lead to kidney failure. Never give these to your pet.

*Nuts-Walnuts and macadamia nuts are especially toxic, but any nut should be avoided.

*Onions-Can destroy an animal's red bolld cells causing anemia, weakness and breathing difficulties.

Just thought I would pass this along, we use to feed our Boston grapes, obviously not anymore.

CR
ffishman
Master Angler

PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2009 9:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Ron, good advice. Some I knew, some I didn't.
carpy52
BaitCaster

PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2009 12:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I got to agree with you. There are alot of things out there that pet shouldn't have but I think alot of it has to do with the amount and not just if they get one. We just lost our Spice girl 5 months ago and she would eat anything but we always kept it in moderation and she never had a problem with anything, even jalaponeos'. Guess she just had a cast iron stomach like he Poppa. Wierd thing was she wouldn't eat grapes out of you had but would back up and you have to throw them to her so she could catch them. I only gave her 3 or 4 at a time but she loved them. Only thing she wouldn't eat was fish, wierd dog. Couldn't even get her to eat Cass Lake Perch or Walleye, only thing bad about the dog. LOL
ffishman
Master Angler

PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2009 5:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yea Carpy, I know what you mean. Some years back, my brother in law had a yellow lab. His mother loved to play bingo, and for a birthday gift, he bought he a bingo card, made entirely of chocolate. Well, some how his dog found it, and ate the WHOLE thing in one sitting. Dog never showed any ill effects at all. Go figure.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Minnesota Fishing and Minnesota Resorts Forum Index -> Cass Lake Fishing Reports All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: