Minnesota Fishing and Minnesota Resorts Forum Index  
Minnesota Fishing and Minnesota Resorts
Fishing Reports, Tips, Resorts and Classifieds
  |Search |Usergroups  |Register 
Tough Day (report 2-16)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Minnesota Fishing and Minnesota Resorts Forum Index -> Upper Red Lake Ice Fishing Reports
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Helmetguy16
Spinner

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2008 12:11 pm    Post subject: Tough Day (report 2-16) Reply with quote

A buddy and I headed up to URL yesterday to travel around and hopefully find some of those elusive slabs. Went out of Agassiz and started fishing about 9:45. First spot we tried 15-20 holes without marking a fish on the vex. Then moved north and once again tried 10-15 holes without a mark on the vex. Our final move for the day we headed west almost to the end of the road. Drilled at least 25 holes and stayed in that area til 7 p.m. My buddy caught two walleye both about 5-6 inches long. He also had a crappie get caught in the transducer and get off his hook. I, on the other hand, did not mark a single fish all day until about 5:30 p.m. but I couldn't get it to bite. Marked a second fish at 6:15 and was able to get it to bite. Turned out to be a nice 14" crappie. First URL slab for me in about 2 years. Never marked another fish the rest of the night. It was a tough day out on the mighty Red, but that one slab seemed to make the trip worth it somehow. Hope everyone else out there this weekend had better luck than we did.

Good Luck,
Helmetguy

Cookie- Let me know what you think of the Hog Hauler's once you get a chance to use them. Also, I will possibly be up again next weekend. Hopefully, my luck will change.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Minnesota Fishing and Minnesota Resorts Forum Index -> Upper Red Lake Ice Fishing Reports All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: