Minnesota Fishing and Minnesota Resorts Forum Index  
Minnesota Fishing and Minnesota Resorts
Fishing Reports, Tips, Resorts and Classifieds
  |Search |Usergroups  |Register 
Is it true nice guys finish last?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Minnesota Fishing and Minnesota Resorts Forum Index -> Upper Red Lake Ice Fishing Reports
View previous topic :: View next topic  
cookie
Master Angler

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2008 8:29 am    Post subject: Is it true nice guys finish last? Reply with quote

Is it true that nice guys finish last? I 'am beginning to wonder myself?
Clark
Master Angler

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2008 8:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cookie,

Don't know - haven't finished yet...

Clark
Leebo
Spinner

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2008 12:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

An interesting question. If a nice guy reaches the designated "finish" behind all the other participants, and those participants are all less than "nice", one might suppose the answer is yes, nice guys finish last. However, a week after the race is finished it comes out that the guy who finished first was taking steroids, the second place finisherleft the blocks early, the third place guy was on amphedemenes, finishers four and five cheated on the entrance exam to join the contest...All of these dishonest, mean, mouth-breathers are disqualified, and the winning purse is given to the nice guy who did it all the right way.

My point? Ummm, well, it's either that a guy should stay nice or I really shouldn't drink this early in the day.
cookie
Master Angler

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2008 6:50 pm    Post subject: Your answer has put a smile on my face Reply with quote

Very Happy . Thats a great answer. I Think I will try and stay nice another week and seee how it goes.
Scott
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2008 7:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cookie, Jesus said:

Matt 5:43 Ye have heard that it hath been said, Thou shalt love thy neighbour, and hate thine enemy.
44 But I say unto you, Love your enemies, bless them that curse you, do good to them that hate you, and pray for them which despitefully use you, and persecute you;
45 That ye may be the children of your Father which is in heaven: for he maketh his sun to rise on the evil and on the good, and sendeth rain on the just and on the unjust.
46 For if ye love them which love you, what reward have ye? do not even the publicans the same?
47 And if ye salute your brethren only, what do ye more than others? do not even the publicans so?
48 Be ye therefore perfect, even as your Father which is in heaven is perfect.

AND

Matt 20:15 Is it not lawful for me to do what I will with mine own? Is thine eye evil, because I am good?
16 So the last shall be first, and the first last: for many be called, but few chosen.

AND

Matt 10:42 And whosoever shall give to drink unto one of these little ones a cup of cold water only in the name of a disciple, verily I say unto you, he shall in no wise lose his reward.
mwestfinn

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2008 12:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It is possible that I missed the scope of the question, but I try to help those in need because I realize that at some point I, too, will need assistance from others. At times attitude may influence my decision, as well as separating "need" from unpreparedness.
cookie
Master Angler

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2008 10:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the replys. You all have inspired me to keep doing what I do. Allthough I never had any intentions of changing. It was just a question that I have pondered from time to time. It seem if you do a good job you never get ahead but if you flounder you get promoted in the job world. What I do here is not a job it is a adventure.
Buck
Spinner

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2008 3:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cookie wrote:
Thanks for the replys. You all have inspired me to keep doing what I do. Allthough I never had any intentions of changing. It was just a question that I have pondered from time to time. It seem if you do a good job you never get ahead but if you flounder you get promoted in the job world. What I do here is not a job it is a adventure.

You can be the nicest person in the entire world, but there will always be someone around the corner that will take advantage of it someway, somehow. Keep doing what you do Cookie, I'll bet that if someone asked each person that does business with you or simply knows you, they would tell the next person that Cookie is a good guy and will bust his hump to put you on fish, or help in anyway possible.

Keep your chin up, and remember some days are better than others, but at least you are able to wake up and enjoy another day up in God's country.

Buck
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Minnesota Fishing and Minnesota Resorts Forum Index -> Upper Red Lake Ice Fishing Reports All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: