Minnesota Fishing and Minnesota Resorts Forum Index  
Minnesota Fishing and Minnesota Resorts
Fishing Reports, Tips, Resorts and Classifieds
  |Search |Usergroups  |Register 
Our report for the weekend of 10th through the 13th of Feb.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Minnesota Fishing and Minnesota Resorts Forum Index -> Upper Red Lake Ice Fishing Reports
View previous topic :: View next topic  
cookie
Master Angler

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2008 7:29 am    Post subject: Our report for the weekend of 10th through the 13th of Feb. Reply with quote

Brian and his crew rolled in thursady. They were booked in montana. I told them depending on the fishing the first night I could or would move them if we had to. Friday morning they had had some action but wanted to move? I was able to get them moved to a new area and brian landed a 38 inch pike which made his trip.They caught enough walleye for supper and headed home and will be back in Feb.
Florida was on a new spot for Scott and his family Chris,Matt,Kilee and Joe. They had some decent action and got two crappies to boot. Joe said they gat a alleye and a appie.They were only here one night and went home happy.
Old minnesota had Al,Connie,Paula and Jerry. They seemed to enjoy them selfs and went home with walleye but no crappie. paula was confident she would outfish everyone and never got a fish? I fished old minnesota last night for two hours and marked fish the whole time but they would not bite. Jonny Boy was going to fish in there the rest of the night and see if we need to move the house? But I will move it anyway as Lee and Chris willl be here today and I want them on a fresh spot.
Jon,Jordon and the two girls fished utah. They also had some action and landed a crappie just over 15 inchs and plan on having it mounted.They also had walleye for supper.
Dan showed up with his two boys Iseck and Jacob for a night stay in florida,dan was teaching the boys more then fishing himself and Jacob landed a 28 inch pike. They rolled out early and I did not get to say goodbye.
The guys in alaska had a good time and caught 12 to 15 walleyes. I expected they would get a crappie or two but no luck. John and his crew were set up just to the east of alaska and landed 3 crappies?
Calafornia was never in a good spot? I told the gys I would move them saturday if the fishing was slow? 3 fish and I was committed to moving them on saturday. With there help it took no time at all to have them on a new spot and it payed off as they had much better fishing. Plus while cleaning the house yesterday I landed a nice 16 1/2 walleye. Frank,Turk and tommy fished arizona. They also had decent walleye fishing.They do some type of pool play with there fishing and Tommy pulled in a keeper walleye that landed him 30 bucks.They also got one bonus crappie worth 6 points. Frank landed a dandy perch and got minus 1 point. These guys are a hoot and will be back in a couple of weeks. Great customers and becoming good friends to boot.
Our day house new york was the dead sea and will be getting moved asap. Colorado produced a fish or two and I will leave that there until we scout a new area.

All in all another great weekend. The one delimma I'm having is to chase the elusive red lake crappie you have to sacrfice good walleye fishing. Sad Not sure what to do there as I can not give customers both? I guess it always works out for a reason and we will see how it goes. We are up to 19 crappies in the area I have been working with some deccent walleye fishing. I have heard of some great walleye fishing but not a crappie around those areas?
shaky legs 2
SpinCaster

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2008 9:42 am    Post subject: Red Lake Sunset Reply with quote

We were out about 6 miles on the Hillman Road on Thursday and then moved back to about 4 miles on Friday and Saturday. As we drove on the road I think we saw you Cookie about 4 miles out on the Aggazzi road next to the berm that seperates the two roads.

We caught 3 crappies and a limit of walleyes for the weekend (two guys) and released other walleyes. I think the crappie bite is farther to the north and west, maybe around the rocky point area but it is difficult to move around off the road.

When the sun sunk slowly in the Western sky on Saturday night, I went outside to take a picture and thought about you Cookie and how much you enjoy them. I have to agree that it is a beautiful sight. Good luck Cookie.

Ps. several years ago, your cousin Pete Olson put us on a hot bite close to a yellow portable or house that he said belonged to you. You guys are the best!!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Minnesota Fishing and Minnesota Resorts Forum Index -> Upper Red Lake Ice Fishing Reports All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: