Minnesota Fishing and Minnesota Resorts Forum Index  
Minnesota Fishing and Minnesota Resorts
Fishing Reports, Tips, Resorts and Classifieds
  |Search |Usergroups  |Register 
Who's the anal-est?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Minnesota Fishing and Minnesota Resorts Forum Index -> Cass Lake Fishing Reports
View previous topic :: View next topic  
BlueDuck
Angler

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2007 6:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Carpy, after reading your post, I am now even more appreciative of the guys that fish with me. They aren't perfect but by and large they are a pretty good bunch.
Gowdy 1
SpinCaster

PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2007 12:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Carpy,

I know that guy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! And ffishman, I know that guy too!!!! They are the same guy. He's one man. And he keeps 4 inch perch, and anything else that hits the bottom of the boat.

Let me give you one example--last September I was going up for 3 days. He was going up for 7 or 10. I can't remeember. I was flying up there to meet him and asked him to do a little grocery shopping before I got there. When I arrived there were 2 boxes of saltine crackers (enough for 2 years), ten bags/boxes of junk food, 35 cans of canned goods (like canned corn, soup, you name it. 35. I counted them), and anything else that you could name that was not perishable so he could bring it home with him. Ofcourse I paid 1/2 for all the junk. Then we went shopping the next day, and the guy was loading enough food into the cart for the next 7 days so I could pay half for that also.

I kid you not.

I'll write a book when i retire. People will think it's fiction, but it'll be fact.

Gowdy Razz
carpy52
BaitCaster

PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2007 12:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Gowdy I bet this is the same guy that when it comes to dividing up the first when you get ready to go home he wants to grab all the walleyes he will go thru looking for the biggest perch in the bags and try and take them too. Shocked

The one about the guy hording the snicker bars made me laugh too we had a guy that kept a cooler in his room and anything that wasn't finished the night before he would wrap up and put in the cooler for his midnight snack.....
Gowdy 1
SpinCaster

PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2007 12:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Carpy,

Yep. He does that, too!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Clark
Master Angler

PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2007 1:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gowdy - ya gota love him - he's a 1 of a kind !!!

Thank God
Clark
Bob Thompson
Angler

PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2007 3:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am beginning to understand more and more after reading everybody's posts why my fishing and hunting partner has been my wife of 42 years for the last 25 years of doing these things together. Now I know that everybody can not do this for various reasons and I have had a few friends that I have fished and hunted with and have had few problems with them but she is the best ever. Now don't get me wrong, we have our pet peaves but we are both very easy going and are just quite used to each other by now and we both totally enjoy doing these things together. And no, she did not coerse me into posting this. I love fishing, I love hunting and I love my partner. Sorry about bloviating. Bob
Col Ron, Guide

PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2007 4:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You have the happiness which many strive to reach their entire lives. Congratulations to you and Karen.

Col Ron
ffishman
Master Angler

PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2007 5:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Like I said earlier, I am really happy with my current crew. We all get along, we share duties, and we share expenses and best of all we share our catch. And we all like to have a cocktail together. Don't get no better than that. Mr. Green
TiredOfWorking
SpinCaster

PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2007 8:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree with Bob. It would be nice however if she let me outfish her once in a while.
Ballbuster
Spinner

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2007 6:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've got a good one but I must give credit to CFD for catching this one. Last time me, CFD & the ex brother went to Cass we all rode in one car (EX Brothers). We would take turns filling up the tank when we stopped. When it was my turn or CFD's turn to fill up EX brother would try & run the gas all the way down to the light would come on for more gas. When it was his turn to fill up he always left about 1/4 tank so his cost wouldn't be that much. He did that on the way up & back. What a wad!
ffishman
Master Angler

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2007 7:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The fairest way I have found for gas, is this. The driver shows up that morning with a full tank. Then all the guys kick in to a kitty, say 30 bucks a man. Each gas stop the money is taken out of the kitty. When the trip is over, just before we get home, the driver fills the tank from the kitty. He started with a full tank, and he ends with a full tank. Any money left is given back to the guys. Never had a problem doing it this way. Mr. Green
Grouch
Angler

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2007 11:00 am    Post subject: Complaints Reply with quote

Everyone who has ever fished with a group knows that over time there will be rotten apples invited along. We also know that however hard you try beforehand to sort out the good ones some bad actors slip by. That's why our group is only 4, most of whom have been a part of it for 10 years or more. The newbie was know to us for 15 years and worked with us. He's been with us now for 4 years and is definetely working out well.

Remember, you never have to invite a bad guy a second time! As to personal likes and dislikes, stop and look vewrey hard at yourself - are you the ideal person or are your friends letting some things slip by because they know better than to carp about everything that goes on.

Usually it's only 1 week long so make the most of your vacations!!
gene
Master Angler

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2007 11:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Somehow, I think we all know we can limit our losses by only fishing with our best buds. When I started this thread, I really didn't mean for it to be a gripe thread - just more of a fun one by making fun of yourself or your friends' idiosynchrocies-and I really do think that is how it has been going for the most part-all in fun.
Good sermon though Grouch (to remind us all to just have fun).
The Texan
Master Angler

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2007 1:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay Geno, Here we go:

Gowdy is fine except for the non-bathing habits

Jouster eats us out of the house

Ron and his son fish at night, get hammered, sleep all dang day

Cuz James can play the honk outta the spoons, gets hammered drinking crown royal straight, then proceeds to fall down the second floor apartment stairs....and gets up everytime

Head showers three or four times a day and only drinks vodka and cranberry juice....pain in the arse mixing those in the boat

Frank goes with the flow, is the most laid back guy I know

Ronnie just drinks miller lite all day and always has a smile on his face

Buket drinks miller lite by the keg, switches to captain morgan at night and gets tongue twisted by 9:00

Texan makes a huge mess in the kitchen three or four times a day, trying to keep the boys fed

Clark and Stearns come over and just sit back and watch...

Trent shows up hammered and never gets sober...the entire time he is up there...flirts with the waitress at the Hole and does his best to have us all tossed out...also thinks about jumping off the bridge but we never let him....

As far as our guides:

Bro and Paul are still wondering why they ever committed to guiding for us

Chad is like Frank, just rolls with the punches

Colonel lights up his cigars and takes us out every morning and afternoon....think he hangs around just to take it all in....his wife can flat out cook so we continue to really suck up to him as much as possible Cool I have no idea why he doesn't weigh 300 lbs with her around, her pies and cinnamon rolls are to die for!

Texan
Clark
Master Angler

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2007 1:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Texan,

You never invited Trent back (you could chain him to a tree) and you missed a few ???

Clark
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Minnesota Fishing and Minnesota Resorts Forum Index -> Cass Lake Fishing Reports All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 2 of 6

Jump to: