Minnesota Fishing and Minnesota Resorts Forum Index  
Minnesota Fishing and Minnesota Resorts
Fishing Reports, Tips, Resorts and Classifieds
  |Search |Usergroups  |Register 
We caught the mother load!!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Minnesota Fishing and Minnesota Resorts Forum Index -> Upper Red Lake Ice Fishing Reports
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Harry
BaitCaster

PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2007 1:37 pm    Post subject: We caught the mother load!! Reply with quote

Thanks to my son with his adventurous attitude. He put us on the mother load on Sunday. We caught our limit of crappies and walleyes and were going off the ice by 5:30pm!! He had fished the same holes the day before with a buddy of his and caught 12 crappies and 3 walleye. Good spot.
cat eyes
BaitCaster

PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2007 6:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WHERE HARRY ??????? WHAT WERE YOU USING GIVE US MORE INFO GPS CORDS,ETC.... Very Happy
Harry
BaitCaster

PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2007 6:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

After all of the grief from last time, that is all you're getting!!
cookie
Master Angler

PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2007 7:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thats great Harry. I know where you were and going out of westwind would be the easiest. Wild Bill and his crew were another mile and half west north west of you and also hit the mother load.
Mopad

PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2007 9:59 am    Post subject: Weekend Report Reply with quote

I guess I have been getting lucky the last two times going up there and finding crappies. I was up there with my roomate and some friends this weekend. There was 7 of us. Back at camp they caught there limit of walleyes, 7 crappies, and 1 42 inch jack. I arrived at the lake at 2:30 on Saturday. Was out with my four wheeler and portable at 3:30. After 3 moves I found the mother load at 4:30. In 5 mins I had 6 crappies on the ice. I called my roomate up and guided him to the spot I was at. He is a red lake newbie. He got into my portable and had 2 on in the first 2 minutes he was there. He was flying high and I was shaking from the excitement! We ended up catching 12 saturday night. We also caught 3 eyes that night in that spot. The next day I picked up my dad "Mr. Harry" and headed out to the hot spot. My roomate brought his wheeled house over also. My dad and I caught 20 cappies and over 15 walleyes in my portable. My roomate was 25 feet from us in his wheeled house and caught 3 walleyes and had 2 jacks on that busted the line? I guess a couple of feet makes a world of difference? Crazy. I think the key is to find the ruffiest ice where the sun cannot go through it, the crappies must hide under there? When augering the holes i had slush the whole time? I tripped and fell a couple times because the ice was so ruff where are portable was sitting. With my dad, roomate and friends (8 guys) we ended up keeping 16 walleyes, 39 cappies, and 1 42 inch jack.
MALLARDMAN
SpinCaster

PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2007 10:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We had about the same experience. I was up 3 weeks prior and limited on crappies then also. We limited last Friday "30 Crappies" and my buddies house was 50 yards away and they caught 5. We all limited on the eyes.

Left for Mille lacs Saturday morning, caught 9 walleyes Saturday night. 3 in the slot, 3 over (23, 25.5, 27.5) and 3 little farts. Caught two pout also....
Stewietime
SpinCaster

PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2007 11:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MALLARDMAN...where did you fish on mille lacs? what resort? what depth? time of day? type of rig? appreciate any info...they dont talk much on the mille lacs forum. lol - thanks!
Big Z
BaitCaster

PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2007 8:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had decent luck on the south end of mille lacs. We stayed in a house that KJ's rented out. The house had a Bar and two double bunks it was just a great time. We were on Anderson's reef out in 20-22 feet of water and had a consistant perch bite with the ocassional walleye. We ended up being selective and kept one walleye and 8 perch, the perch were all 10-12" and the walleye was bout 16", this was all in less then 24 hours. I will be out in that same area on Sat. Your right no one on the mille lacs forum shares any info.
Stewietime
SpinCaster

PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2007 1:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the info. I hope you did well on Sat. i'm not sure if i'll get to fish mille lacs anymore through the ice this season but come opener i'll be back there. we've always gone out of castaways and do well most of the time. Carlsona has always been good to us. Take Care!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Minnesota Fishing and Minnesota Resorts Forum Index -> Upper Red Lake Ice Fishing Reports All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: