Minnesota Fishing and Minnesota Resorts Forum Index  
Minnesota Fishing and Minnesota Resorts
Fishing Reports, Tips, Resorts and Classifieds
  |Search |Usergroups  |Register 
What a brutal weekend

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Minnesota Fishing and Minnesota Resorts Forum Index -> Upper Red Lake Ice Fishing Reports
View previous topic :: View next topic  
cookie
Master Angler

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2007 9:42 am    Post subject: What a brutal weekend Reply with quote

We survived the weekend but it was nasty.The wind would just not let up mixed with the 20 below temps it made for a challening weekend.Dusty,Jim,Tim and Steve bared the worst of it as Tims Truck would not start sunday morning.I assumed they had got it running but I heard they had it towed to a friends here in town and warmed it up and changed the oil.How lucky was that .Its sure is nice to have friends.Dusty gave me some worry saturday afternoon as he took off exploring.The last I saw him he was starting a jiffy with no gloves or hat and when I checked in on the guys later that night they had not seen him.They did manage to catch a few fish with some of them even crappies.
Ron and Mike manage to catch 14 slabs,and some walleyes
Alaska did well with Jason,Ben,.Dillen and Donny catching a few slabs although one of them lost a fishing rod.
Derrick,Bill and Jane only managed 2 crappies and I expected that house would of done better all though they all missed a fish when I was checking in on them saturday eve?
David,Michell,Dean and Willie had some decent action and ended up with a dozen.Tom,Julie,Gary and Laurie had the dead house and might of caught one crappie although Julie did get to land a 32 inch pike.Tom also brought me some pictures of the 36 inch pike they caught last year.The last three groups were all one family that sure enjoy the outdoors.They bear hunt,deer hunt and fish all together,Just a great group of people that love the outdoors and it sure is enjoyable getting to know them.Gary and Julie met online when Gary was setting up a all women bear hunt.
With this cold snap I sure am glad I have no custormers untill thursday when the big group from Wis, comes up for 4 of our sleepers.It should be interesting as these guys know how to fish and spend one day outside fishing stickly tip ups for big pike.Last year they pounded the pike and I have a great picture of the group with there catch.
PimplySwede
Spinner

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2007 9:03 pm    Post subject: Thanks for a great weekend Reply with quote

Hats off to Cookie again. Michelle, Dean, Willie and I had a blast despite the weather. Michelle caught her first crappie ever, and followed it with 3 others Very Happy . Dean managed to catch a crappie, lose a pole, and catch his pole all at the same time. We're still trying to figure out how he did that Confused . Willie is still trying to stuff his eyes back in his head after seeing that first slab come up the hole Shocked . I am going back to the drawing board to come up with a better noise maker in the absence of rattle reels. We were stacking 3 beer cans next to the hole with the line wrapped around the pop top of the bottom one, so when the fish hit the lure the cans crashed down and alerted us, but we had to drink SO MANY beers to outfit everyone's holes, that we actually missed some bites only when Cookie was there to see it happen. (that's my story, and I'm sticking to it Rolling Eyes

Jim, sorry it didn't work out to meet you. Cookie pointed out your shacks to me, and it looked to be a LONG, COLD distance. We're planning a trip back in March, so if it's in the cards.........

Oh, the funniest thing I heard this weekend: My dad and I were exchanging fishing lies over the radio, and another fisherman we didn't know came on and was telling us how much good luck he was having. I asked the usual: color, presentation.....then asked him location. He volunteered readily, telling us we could easily find him in a "10x16 shack 6.5 miles out of Agassiz, just off the road." I told him I knew exactly where he was.

Thanks again Cookie for a great weekend.
David
slipperybob
BaitCaster

PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2007 12:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Came to the Upper Red overnight only on Friday and got skunked. LOL's got only one crappie 14" plus.

I think I was too close to the road...that's what happens when you're in a portable and don't want to venture further out in that wind chill.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Minnesota Fishing and Minnesota Resorts Forum Index -> Upper Red Lake Ice Fishing Reports All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: