Minnesota Fishing and Minnesota Resorts Forum Index  
Minnesota Fishing and Minnesota Resorts
Fishing Reports, Tips, Resorts and Classifieds
  |Search |Usergroups  |Register 
my trip to cass!!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Minnesota Fishing and Minnesota Resorts Forum Index -> Cass Lake Fishing Reports
View previous topic :: View next topic  
relax2k1
SpinCaster

PostPosted: Mon Aug 14, 2006 10:30 am    Post subject: my trip to cass!! Reply with quote

well i just got back from cass lake yesterday and i have to say the fishing was tough. first off i would like to thank clark and elaine at horseshoe resort for taking care of us and i have to say they are the nicest people i ever met. i pretty much felt like i was at home. thank you very much for everything clark and elain and i hope you like the hot meat sauce we made you. remember it's a little spicy but you guys should be okay. let me know if you ever need more i'll send as much as you want. ('Very Happy')

well the 3 days we stayed there it was windy morning, evening, and night. i mean really windy!!! we had trouble trying to troll anywhere. the biggest fish i caught was a 30" northern and some baby eyes. my buddy caught a decent walleye around 20" other then that just a few ugly rock bass and perches. i would like to thank col ron for being so nice and generous to call me and tried guiding us over the phone. he told me exactly where to go and what to use. sorry col we still couldn't catch anything. it was just tough! also thanks to brain jones for guiding us for a half day. we didn't catch much but learn a few things about muskie fishing. so overall it was a decent trip due to the slow fishing but as far as meeting new people i had a great time. again thank you to everyone that tried helping us to better our trip and hopefully i can go back there when the fishing is actually biting. ('Smile')

justin
gene
Master Angler

PostPosted: Mon Aug 14, 2006 11:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Justin, mark it down now --- June 9-17, 2007 --- the fish will be biting!
Col Ron, Guide

PostPosted: Mon Aug 14, 2006 11:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Glad to hear you enjoyed your trip. It is real tough when you cannot control the boat and stay on the edges. Drift socks & trolling in reverse against the waves are your only chance, if that works. Nice talking to you,

Col Ron
ffishman
Master Angler

PostPosted: Mon Aug 14, 2006 4:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Justin, sounds like you had a nice time. But you also found out Cass can be like a junk yard dog and bother the heck out of you. The wind seems to ALWAYS be blowing up there. I HATE FISHING IN THE WIND! Some chop is nice, but not the wind. The problem is Cass does not have enough islands to hide be hind. As for the fishing, this year was tough alround. But there is always next year.
Brian Jones
BaitCaster

PostPosted: Mon Aug 14, 2006 10:45 pm    Post subject: Thank you! Reply with quote

Justin,

You didn't metion to the folks here that your girlfriends are some darn good anglers too. I had the plesure of taking them out before the guys and they managed a couple walleye in that insane wind. Did you ever get to try Lost Lake? I tried that new Mexican beer and it was decent...thank you for that.

The musky action was hot tonight near where I took you guys. Did you get the 30" pike while musky fishing? Hope you don't write Cass off even though it isn't what you expected...Canada is tough to compete with.

Take it easy,
Brian
relax2k1
SpinCaster

PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2006 12:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

wasup brian!
yea the girls are pretty anglers. you know after we went muskie fishing i came back and they wanted to go back out around 12 because you told them that they should tried trolling crankbaits at night. i was shocked! they actually caught one eye and a bunch of ugly rock bass. so that was the most action they got through out the whole trip. so they made me take them out again the next night. hahahha it's nice to have a g/f that wants to fish as much as you.

so i bet it was nice and calm after we left huh brian? quy and i actually woke up at 6am sunday and cast for about 2hrs for skies and didn't have any luck. the only thing i caught was a sore shoulder and wrist. i'm actually debating if i want to go back up there in late september for like 2-3 days when the big skies are out and hungry. i'll see if anyone can talk me into it. well thanks again brian maybe i'll see you in a month. lol

justin
ffishman
Master Angler

PostPosted: Wed Aug 16, 2006 6:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's why they call it fishing and not catching. Over the years, there have been years when the fishing has been easy and other years when the fishing was really tough. A few years ago three anglers found a school of eyes. The caught and kept 90 I believe. Couldn't keep them off the hook. Too bad they went over there limits, cost them over 3000.00 in fines.
junior
BaitCaster

PostPosted: Wed Aug 16, 2006 7:27 pm    Post subject: Over the Limit Reply with quote

I remember that. Was that Cass or Leech.. I think they lost their car & equiptment also.

Junior
ffishman
Master Angler

PostPosted: Thu Aug 17, 2006 6:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That was on Cass. I know the guys. And the next year Mn redid their rule book, and added a special thing about "gross overlimit". If caught, you will be banned from fishing in Mn for 5 years.
The Texan
Master Angler

PostPosted: Thu Aug 17, 2006 6:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FF,

Figured you to hang around outlaws Razz

Texan
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Minnesota Fishing and Minnesota Resorts Forum Index -> Cass Lake Fishing Reports All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: