Minnesota Fishing and Minnesota Resorts Forum Index  
Minnesota Fishing and Minnesota Resorts
Fishing Reports, Tips, Resorts and Classifieds
  |Search |Usergroups  |Register 
Fishin' Reports??

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Minnesota Fishing and Minnesota Resorts Forum Index -> Cass Lake Fishing Reports
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MuskyMark
Master Angler

PostPosted: Thu Jul 06, 2006 2:19 pm    Post subject: Fishin' Reports?? Reply with quote

Holy smokes. Been quiet out here! Anyone got any fishing reports? Someone out there has to be fishin'! Shocked

Personally. Managed to throw a scum frog on some milfoil mats on a small local lake for about 15 minutes on Sunday. 2 fish on, one fish in. Lost a nice one on the jump. Fished for a few minutes again last night at a little pond in a local subdivision. 1 small bass. It's a sad day when I have to resort to catching green carp to keep my skills honed. Laughing

Mark
Col Ron, Guide

PostPosted: Thu Jul 06, 2006 3:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mark,
My boat has been down since Monday, lost many hours of fishing and guiding. Crimped cable, which broke the gear cable going into the motor. Since the boat shop was not open until Weds, and then needed to order the cables, I am doing stuff like cutting grass, making leaders, even washing a car. Dang!!!

Hopefully, I will be out there tomorrow morning at O'dark thirty.

I have a guy here I took out early in the season. He now is doing very well on Musky. Very fortunate to be staying for 7 weeks spread out over the summer. Boating a 52", 49", and many smaller ones. An avid and very good fisherman from Ohio.

I will hopefully give you a better report during the weekend.

Col Ron
gene
Master Angler

PostPosted: Thu Jul 06, 2006 4:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You must be gettin' antsy there for your fall trip MM?
So, any room for me (and maybe another guy) to tag along? I'd have to sell my soul to the wife-devil, but maybe you could make it worth her while to have me gone another week?

Me? I got plans for throwin' some lures S of Dixon and chasing the little white round thing in 8 days....gonna be plenty hot and I just KNOW we'll be fightin' dehydration while we are honing our skills.
ffishman
Master Angler

PostPosted: Thu Jul 06, 2006 6:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, since you asked. We hit Lake Geneva today for about 5 hours. Not a whole bunch going on. I boated one LGM and one small mouth, other that that nothing to talk about. We did get a bunch of perch, nice size gills, some sun fish, and a ton of rock bass. Watched the other boats and they had about the same luck. Such is fishing. Hey, maybe we will jump in the car with gene and come up in Sept and stay with MM. That could be trouble!
gene
Master Angler

PostPosted: Fri Jul 07, 2006 8:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ff, I'm surprised we are talking like this considering how tough we had it our last Fall trip, BUT momentum is building.....
Road Trip????

Gowdy, think you might wanna join us for the ride? I'll bet with enough Irish suds, we can get MM to finally jump that bridge. I'll bring the camera.
MuskyMark
Master Angler

PostPosted: Fri Jul 07, 2006 8:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Uuuuh. Yeah. I'm pretty much always antsy to get up to MN! Permanent condition I s'pose. Wink

Hey. We'll be up there from Wed. morning, Oct. 4th, through Sun. morning, Oct. 8th. Break on the Lake. They're even having they're own walleye tournament that weekend. So call now if you want to come up! Should be a lot of fun.

Tough luck about your boat Ron. Hope its up and running again soon. Don't work to hard around the house now. All work and no play make Col Ron a dull boy. Smile Keep the reports coming too!

Mark
muskiyfins
Spinner

PostPosted: Fri Jul 07, 2006 10:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Since this is the only active thread, I guess I'll post here. I'm down to 20 grueling hours before lift-off. After the trip, it seems no one is on this board anymore??? Not to worry, I'll have a comprehensive report when I get back. (maybe even a mid-week report while I'm there. Is there a way for me to muscle in on this October thing? Not sure I can make it, but October musky fishing should be outstanding.

Thanks again for all the information from the crazies.

Look out Cass Lake, you'll never be the same........
gene
Master Angler

PostPosted: Fri Jul 07, 2006 10:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Mf, we can make a stop on the way to Cass from Elmhurst to Schaumburg then Elgin to McHenry to pick you up.
But I don't know about Oct for me - I'm a fair weather musky fisherman, thought you guys were going in Sept. Don't mind me, I'm just a little wishy-washy.....mostly wishy when it comes to Cass.

MM, I believe the walleye tourney you are mentioning is run by the BOTL resort family to raise money to fight a debilitating disease someone has/had but I don't want to go spreading any rumours...just can't remember the details now. Good cause though I'm pretty sure.
And as to your comment about Col and all work, well I'll bet his missus says he ain't no dull boy! Right, Col?
MuskyMark
Master Angler

PostPosted: Fri Jul 07, 2006 2:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah. I figured it was a smallish resort sponsored tourney. We won't be fishing it... but we'd be more than happy to participate in the after hours festivities!! Wink

It can definitely be harsh up there in October. Even in the first couple weeks. Been really brutal up there a couple times. Fortunately, those conditions also coincided with a lot of big fish being put in the boat! 5 in the net one day. One was a 49 incher. My bro-in-law was getting ready to put that girl back in the water and she flipped and caught his thumb with her teeth. 25 minute sprint to the hospital in Bemidji. A dozen or so stitches on two gashes... and we were back on the water fishing in snow and 3 footers! That's what it's all about though. I'll have to post pics from that trip someday.

At any rate... anybody who's brave (or stupid) enough to face the elements during that time, come on up! Enough fish in the lakes and beer in the bars for all of us!! Very Happy
gene
Master Angler

PostPosted: Fri Jul 07, 2006 2:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You talked me out of it.
ffishman
Master Angler

PostPosted: Fri Jul 07, 2006 5:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Snow and 3 footers, yipes. I, think I am washing my hair that weekend.
muskiyfins
Spinner

PostPosted: Sat Jul 08, 2006 12:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ok-so I'm down to 5-1/2 hours before I leave, but I wanted to tell you about the time I was on the big pond (Lake Michigan), in gale force winds, small craft advisory, in a 26 footer, trying to fish. Almost died. Looking forward to 3 footers. I'll post pics when I return. (If I figure out how)
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Minnesota Fishing and Minnesota Resorts Forum Index -> Cass Lake Fishing Reports All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: