Minnesota Fishing and Minnesota Resorts Forum Index  
Minnesota Fishing and Minnesota Resorts
Fishing Reports, Tips, Resorts and Classifieds
  |Search |Usergroups  |Register 
6-30-06 Report

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Minnesota Fishing and Minnesota Resorts Forum Index -> Cass Lake Fishing Reports
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Brian Jones
BaitCaster

PostPosted: Fri Jun 30, 2006 11:13 am    Post subject: 6-30-06 Report Reply with quote

Water temps on the Cass Lake Chain are hovering around the 70 degree mark and musky action has been picking up a lot with some big fish being boated. Cabbage has been the most productive for us but we have moved some good fish on the rocks too. Spinner-baits, top-water, and jerk-baits have all been going good.
Walleye fishing has been good on the main lake bars in 11-19 feet of water. Fish have been hitting leeches, crawlers, and few people are still using minnows. Jumbo perch have been going on the sand flats and rocks with jigs and any type of bait. The bluegills are still being caught in the cabbage beds with bobber rigs and small leeches or worm chunks.
muskiyfins
Spinner

PostPosted: Fri Jun 30, 2006 4:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

so were those musky comments for my benefit??? like I'm not drooling already like a rabid dog. It's T-7 days now and i can actually smell the air, the water, the inside of the cabin. I have conflicting reports from weather.com and NOAA. I'll go with NOAA predicting 13% chance of precip next Sunday.

PS-yeah, so you know--the check's in the mail, unless wife says"didn't you send it?" and I say "since when am I allowed to write checks?". Going out today-right now-on way home from work-mail goes out at 6pm from post office-sorry
ffishman
Master Angler

PostPosted: Fri Jun 30, 2006 6:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey muskyfins, I haven't even been back a full week yet, and I already wish I was going back up. You lucky dog. May the fish gods smile down on you. I just hope you don't have the wind that we had our second week, that was a bummer.
muskiyfins
Spinner

PostPosted: Sat Jul 01, 2006 11:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks for the kind words. i'm so damn anxious, I'll fish in a f...in' typhoon!!!!!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Minnesota Fishing and Minnesota Resorts Forum Index -> Cass Lake Fishing Reports All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: