Minnesota Fishing and Minnesota Resorts Forum Index  
Minnesota Fishing and Minnesota Resorts
Fishing Reports, Tips, Resorts and Classifieds
  |Search |Usergroups  |Register 
5-22-06 Report
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Minnesota Fishing and Minnesota Resorts Forum Index -> Cass Lake Fishing Reports
View previous topic :: View next topic  
gene
Master Angler

PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2006 10:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The court accepts the defendant's plea. Man does not live by fishing alone. Case dismissed based on doctor's orders!
(and the fact that by sitting at the bar watching the boats go by it is possible to catch the glimpse of an occassional suntan goddess.)
The Texan
Master Angler

PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2006 11:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Texan is hopeful ( If the Colonel does his job Twisted Evil ) that evenings will be spent with the Captain and a plate full of pecan crusted walleye fillets.
MuskyMark
Master Angler

PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2006 11:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

How do you do business with the Captain, Texan? w/Coke? OJ? Or man to man?
The Texan
Master Angler

PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2006 11:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Diet coke and a fresh lime....Texan sr. drinks it with oj....Gowdy makes Texan a large mudslide for the nighttime knock-out punch Cool

Texan
MuskyMark
Master Angler

PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2006 11:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Right on brother! Another one of my favorite summertime drinks. CapNCoke with a lime. Sometimes regular, sometimes diet. Whatever's available. I won't touch Diet Coke by itself, but throw some Captain in there... and it's all good!

Now I'm thirsty!

Mark
gene
Master Angler

PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2006 11:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

How did this Cap'n guy take over the market? I mean I lived/drank 30 yrs without him and all of a sudden he's everywhere but still has yet to touch my liver.

Methinks if it isn't boiling hot on luncheon day, I will have to enjoy Tanqueray with some olivos and just a wave of the vermouth bottle over the glass of ice and that'll do me just fine.
muskiyfins
Spinner

PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2006 12:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Far be it from the newby (me) to chime in again, but did someone say there is no need to be on the water before sunrise? I am having a hard time with this. My non-Cass experience show bite turns on 11 minutes before sunrise and ends about 3 hours later. Remember, I am fishing primarily for toothy fish at this time of the day. Are you trying to tell me I can actually sleep a little bit on my vacation?? And who is this tom??? It sounds like I need his number.

Muskyfins
TiredOfWorking
SpinCaster

PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2006 12:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I got up early one time and hit the water before 5:00a.m. I caught my first fish at 8:30. I get up at 7:00 now.
The Texan
Master Angler

PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2006 1:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Geno, if you are going to try a little rum cocktail, I would suggest 10 cane rum if you can find it...the best clear rum I have ever had!!!!

Texan
gene
Master Angler

PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2006 2:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Texan,
Thanks for waking up my liver. If it's a really hot day on luncheon day, I'll have to go with my favorite rum drink - Myer's Dark Rum and Pineapple. But if it's just normal type temps, gin is my choice, either Tanqueray or Beefeaters, straight now. Used to drink gin and squirt like water in the old days before having to shut'er down for awhile.

'fins,
Tom is the now retired ex-owner of a (in)famous resort on Cass named "Tom's". Recently soldout for development. That was Ffishman's resort of choice for 30 yrs and I'm sure he has the stories. Someone else can better help answer your toothy critter ? about good fishing times. But I will tell you that our resort owner only goes chasing them a little after supper time. But maybe that is his only chance after chores are done.

I used to be one of those up at daybreak guys, but like Tired, I learned it doesn't pay much for us on Cass. That's not to say it can't be done. Other guys I have read reports from ONLY go at daybreak and do pretty good but I don't have the foggiest idea where to fish before 9am. Of course I know where I might try, just not where the best percentage spots are.
Brian Jones
BaitCaster

PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2006 3:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gene,

Myself and Mark have both put most of our biggest musky in the boat later in the day/evening! It works out good for Mark to do his chores in the morning and hit the water at night!
gene
Master Angler

PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2006 4:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Brian,
You and him fish tournaments together too?
Brian Jones
BaitCaster

PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2006 4:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gene,

He does more than I do now but we still enter a couple of the same ones each year. The traveling all over the country is not for me right now...guiding here at home is more rewarding.

Did you see any musky on your fishing trips...I meant to ask you about that a while ago!!
gene
Master Angler

PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2006 4:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Did not hit that new "musky" lake yet but plan to this weekend. Been doing all my fishing for pannies on other tried and true lakes. This weekend will be my last trip before Cass and I'm gonna try for some eater size cats mostly but have heard of some crappie being taken on that new "musky" lake.

Last weekend I did pretty good on bigger gills and lots of LMB but since I have been forturnate to get out 2 straight weekends, this time I'm tempted to just cruise around casting plastic worms and a few minnow-type baits like rapalas or shad raps and I might even try some spinner baits. Maybe even drag a leech with a Lindy rig just for pre-Cass practice.

Suppose to be hot in Cent Ill on Sun - in the 90's. Hope that don't turn 'em off.
ffishman
Master Angler

PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2006 5:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yea tired, Tom is now retired and living in Bemiji. I have fished with guides up there and he by far was the best. Always put us on fish. This should also get your attention. Tom always used the cheapie closed face Zebco's and cheap rods. Plus, he always kept his drag closed all the way down, no drag at all. Claims he never lost a fish doing this. All of us guys with our expensive rods and reels were put to shame by him. He would catch 4 or 5 eyes to our one. I have two regrets, the first is I didn't get more chances to fish with him, and when I did fish with him, at the time I didn't have a gps. He had tons of spots.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Minnesota Fishing and Minnesota Resorts Forum Index -> Cass Lake Fishing Reports All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: